“Local mexican restaurant - good food and price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 281 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Union City, California
“Local mexican restaurant - good food and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I were in the area. Since I saw good reviews both on yelp and tripadvisor, we decided to try it out. The place is not huge but we got seated right away. Good menu selection. I was disappointed that they did not have fish tacos. I ordered camarones rancheros which was very tasty and spicy. My husband had the enchiladas- also very good. And my favorite part...my son really wanted Chipotle. So they accomodated and made him a plate with rice beans shredded cheese lettuce and guac. He loved it. Overall service was pretty good!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, California
“Local Small Place, But Very Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Believe La Milpa is one of the better Mexican restaurants, is tucked away inside the OSH shopping center, and is mostly locals. The food is tasty and good, as well as the service, the only draw back is that the location is rather small and sometimes might have to wait awhile to be seated if busy. Would suggest to try at least once if in the Milpitas area, instead of the larger, or chain locations. They don't have a bar, so will need to drink beer, but still worthwhile experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milpitas, California
“Locals place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are like me and love to find places the locals go when they want good food at a reasonable price, this is the place. For under 10 bucks, they bring you a combo plate with two items, rice and beans, and it is filing. Even when I'm super hungry, I usually can't finish it all. So price is one aspect, but then there is the food itself -- what are you getting. I have been coming here for 10-15 yrs now, and the quality of the food is always high. At all the restaurants I have been to, they all start out great, but as time goes on, the quality suffers for one reason or another. It is rare that you find a place that keeps its quality very high and the price low, but La Milpa has managed to do. Whenever I'm not sure where to go, this is my default as I know I'll get good food at a reasonable price, and forgot to mention some of the best service out there. I'm not sure how they do it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. George, Utah
“Eating out while in San Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were recently in San Jose and went to La Milpa Restaurant in Milpitas for dinner. My husband had the chili verde and said it was the best he's had in a long time. I had the tamale plate - wasn't the best I've had, but they were good. Service was good and prices were very reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milpitas, California
“Great and inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Eat here often as close to home. Food is basic Mexican, soups are very good. Service is quick, prices inexpensive. Dinner for two with drinks usually about $20. Not a full service bar as only beer and wine license but they still make margauritas.

Visited April 2012