“Accomodations were fine but "breakfast" fell short.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch

You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Cypress Dr., Milpitas, CA 95035 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Hartford, Connecticut
“Accomodations were fine but "breakfast" fell short.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel accommodations were fine. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Staff was very helpful. The main issue I had was the breakfast. Most hotels in this area in this price range offer a lot more than just a cup of coffee and a basket of granola bars at the front desk.
The location is convenient, just across 237 from a large shopping complex that includes a lot of restaurants. Easy access to all the major highways and corporations in silicon valley.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are very noisy (doors slamming, can hear neighbors kids, etc). Other buil...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, granola bars, muffins, and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that I will bring your concerns to the attention of our corporate office.

We are always looking for ways to expand our amenity offerings for our guest’s enjoyment during their stay with us. We are certainly glad that you did enjoy our hotel and our staff and we hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waukegan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Tonight is my first night of an almost week-long visit so I'm not yet qualified to give a review on my stay. However, I can say that if the customer service I received from Kelli at the front desk is any sign, then I'm in for a treat.

Kelli went above and beyond to help me with my reservation. This was just what I needed after a full 24 hours of travel, to include a canceled flight in Cincinnati. Kelli was courteous, polite and extremely attentive to my desire to get into a room so I could take a well-deserved hot shower! She also handled my reservations for my upcoming stays here on the west-coast.

I only wish that all hotels had front-desk personnel like Kelli. She is definitely representing Extended Stay America well. Keep up the good work Kelli.

KH

Room Tip: Have not been here long enough yet to say.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We would like to express our thanks to you for taking the time to publish such a nice review of your stay so far at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. Kelli is indeed one of our super star Guest Service agents and we will be sure to pass along our thanks as well as yours for her courteous, over the top willingness to be sure your stay would start out great! We pride ourselves on not only providing clean, comfortable, fresh rooms but excellence in guest service as well. It looks like we hit a home run in your case. We hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days and it was perfectly fine. The room is good and have kitchen with all required utincels to cook. Bathrrom is clean and neat. The only issue is with the selection of channels to watc and breakfast. Both dont offer any choice. Over all good value for money if your office location is at walkable distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
It is with our sincere thanks that we respond to you regarding your recent stay Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. We are happy to hear that your room was clean and fresh and that you enjoyed being able to be near all the things our local area has to offer in the way of shopping, dining and being close to your office. Our mission from the moment you walk through our doors is to provide total satisfaction and comfort for your needs during your stay. We thank you for your recognition and kind words and we hope to see you again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's very good place to stay if you are traveling for more than a week. It has all the amenities to cook and preserve and eat. It was also Located in a good location( Walkable distance to Walmart, Best buy, Ranch). They can improve the Restaurant space and variety of food provided.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write nice things about your experience at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

In town visiting friends and I wanted a kitchen and something close to stores, since I didn't have a car. It's within walking distance to wal-mart and a lot of restaurants/fast food. The price was fair/average. The staff was very friendly and I will stay again in the future. Housekeeping is not daily but I was able to get fresh towels at the front desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be centrally located to shopping and restaurants. I am also pleased to know that our staff was helpful and courteous during your stay. Given our hotels commitment to excellent customer service this come as no surprise us as we strive to make each guest feel at home each stay, each day. We thank you for taking the time to give us your great comments in this forum. We hope to see you again on a future stay should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management and staff at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The stay in this facility is absolutely the worst experience I ever had in any hotel. The hotel takes in pets. To make it worse, they don't clean it well. There were horrible bugs, I saw 4 of them, between the bed sheets. That is after a sleepless night with 5-6 big bites on my body. I thought I was allergic to something, did not realize it was bugs until morning under daylight. Avoid staying any hotels that take in pets!!! The front desk is on job training also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
A copy of your review was brought to our attention. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. The staff and I work hard to provide a clean and comfortable visit for each of our guests; it is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you.

Our company policy is to allow pets to stay with us along with our guests. This is stated on our website and within the hotel. We are very sorry to hear that this is not something you prefer and that your room was not clean because of a pet previously in it. I will be speaking to my housekeeping staff in regards to your comments to ensure our rooms are kept clean at all times, in-line with our company standards.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts. As well, we would be happy to have you visit with any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Please contact us directly and we will be able to assist you with making reservations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean, the kitchen came in handy so I didn't have to always eat out. The staff was very friendly. It was a good location, lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. Price is a little high but I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind words about your stay at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. It’s so nice to get great reviews about our hotel and staff. Many travelers find just as you did that having the kitchen amenity comes in handy so you don’t have to eat every meal out during your stay. We strive to provide and excellent value coupled with over the top service stay after stay. We do hope that you will come back again and visit us should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks, the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch? Share your experiences!