“Great location and very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch

You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Cypress Dr., Milpitas, CA 95035 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Milpitas
Los Angeles, California
“Great location and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

In town visiting friends and I wanted a kitchen and something close to stores, since I didn't have a car. It's within walking distance to wal-mart and a lot of restaurants/fast food. The price was fair/average. The staff was very friendly and I will stay again in the future. Housekeeping is not daily but I was able to get fresh towels at the front desk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be centrally located to shopping and restaurants. I am also pleased to know that our staff was helpful and courteous during your stay. Given our hotels commitment to excellent customer service this come as no surprise us as we strive to make each guest feel at home each stay, each day. We thank you for taking the time to give us your great comments in this forum. We hope to see you again on a future stay should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management and staff at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The stay in this facility is absolutely the worst experience I ever had in any hotel. The hotel takes in pets. To make it worse, they don't clean it well. There were horrible bugs, I saw 4 of them, between the bed sheets. That is after a sleepless night with 5-6 big bites on my body. I thought I was allergic to something, did not realize it was bugs until morning under daylight. Avoid staying any hotels that take in pets!!! The front desk is on job training also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
A copy of your review was brought to our attention. Please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. The staff and I work hard to provide a clean and comfortable visit for each of our guests; it is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you.

Our company policy is to allow pets to stay with us along with our guests. This is stated on our website and within the hotel. We are very sorry to hear that this is not something you prefer and that your room was not clean because of a pet previously in it. I will be speaking to my housekeeping staff in regards to your comments to ensure our rooms are kept clean at all times, in-line with our company standards.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to show you our redoubled efforts. As well, we would be happy to have you visit with any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Please contact us directly and we will be able to assist you with making reservations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean, the kitchen came in handy so I didn't have to always eat out. The staff was very friendly. It was a good location, lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. Price is a little high but I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind words about your stay at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. It’s so nice to get great reviews about our hotel and staff. Many travelers find just as you did that having the kitchen amenity comes in handy so you don’t have to eat every meal out during your stay. We strive to provide and excellent value coupled with over the top service stay after stay. We do hope that you will come back again and visit us should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks, the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
Yorktown Heights, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had relatively low expectations of this hotel, and unfortunately they were met. The best thing about the hotel is the low rate (under $100/night). I spent 3 nights.

But inside, everything about the room reflects cheap -- from the thin, small towels to the thin blankets and bedding. TV selection is very poor (one of the 2 premium channels showed infomercials 24/7). They give you a dish town and a packet of dish soap, but no sponge. Glasses, mugs, and other dishes are not clean -- plan to re-wash if you are going to use. And of course, everyone knows there is only once-a-week room service, and who knows what that would be like.

Internet speeds are pathetic. This was a big surprise given the other reviews -- they offer free Internet, but there is added cost for higher speeds options. Don't expect to be able to do any work in the evening or even surf the web with the free Internet. They should either offer free, usable, Internet, or just charge for it.

Ranch Rd. nearby has lots of options for shopping / eating but the hotel still feels a little remote from the rest of the bay area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
We would like to take a moment and thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We pride ourselves on superior guest service coupled with exceptional value stay after stay. I am sorry to hear that this was not the case with your stay. Please let me assure you that it is our strict policy to be sure all dishes are cleaned and sanitized between each guest, we will definitely be reviewing our cleanliness policies with our housekeeping staff to be sure that such an issue of un-clean dishes is not repeated in the future. I am truly sorry you experienced this. I also want to assure you that internet speed and connectivity are a priority for us to provide for you and others. We certainly know the importance of staying connected while on the road. We are currently going through an internet system upgrade and this should make a huge difference for all our guests connectivity needs. Please accept my sincere apologies for your inconveniences during your stay. We do hope that you will allow us to gain back your business on a future stay at this location or that of any of our other 680 locations nationwide. With sincere thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Milpitas Mc Carthy Ranch.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did not expect much reserving this hotel. I was visiting for work. I was surprised to see how good the room was. Clean and well kept. It's right next to all the offices which makes it easier to get to work without being affected by the crazy traffic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your pleasant review of Extended Stay America McCarthy Ranch Milpitas. I am so glad to hear that we were conveniently located near your work place so that you didn’t have to fight the traffic. It also sounds as if you really enjoyed our newly appointed guest rooms and you found them to be fresh and clean, just as we expect them to be for your enjoyment during your stay. We believe in providing quality accommodations at a great value, stay after stay. We hope that you will return to our hotel should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 600 plus locations nationwide. Once again, thank you for your great review. The Management at Extended Stay America Mc Carthy Ranch Milpitas, California.
Milpitas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I travel for work. I'm in hotels for about ten months out of the year, for the last seven years. So when it comes to hotels, I know what I'm talking about.

I mainly stay with extended stay hotels due to my need for long term accommodations. While this particular hotel has its typical strengths and weeknesses, limited up front parking, no security cameras, coffee bar, but what this hotel has that no other hotel has is awesome customer service.

I checked in with Amber. I mentioned I was here building a couple of paint store projects. She never fails to ask how my day is and particularly how my projects are going. Its nice that she actually asks how my day is with interest, rather than generic corporate employee requirements, smile and greet the customer.
She knows I start work before the breakfast bar is set up, so she always puts aside one of my favorite muffins for me when I come back for breakfast!
I have never had such good customer service in a hotel before. It truly is a place that I can call home for the time being.

Thank you Amber!!!

Dan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dan,
We would like to offer our sincerest thanks for your wonderful review of our Extended Stay America property located in Milpitas, California. We have several properties in the area and it seems your comments may have been meant for a sister site that is close by. Never the less we are so pleased that we were able to accomodate you during your stay and that Amber was so helpful to you. We train our staff to be the best in the industry when it comes to caring for our community which includes you, our valued guest. I do hope that you will continue to stay at one of our locations when you have business in our area. We would certainly be happy to have you. We will pass your great comments and thanks along to our staff. Once again, thank you so much for your kind words.
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very bare bones hotel. I didn't expect much, but I got much less than I bargained for. The AC barely worked... thankfully it was not very hot during my stay. It is one of those window unit ACs where the curtains above it blow wide open while it is on. I had to put my shoes on the bottom of the curtains to keep them from blowing open and exposing me to the parking lot.

The bathrooom was not clean. There were many strands of long black hair in the tub area... and I am a redhead so they did not come from me. I will not stay here again.

Wireless internet worked well.

Poor selection of TV channels.

Sound proofing from the rooms upstairs was almost nonexistent. I could hear every footstep.

Room Tip: Good rooms are in other hotels. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation in addition to your disattisfaction of the tv channel line up, wireless internet and AC. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch? Share your experiences!