I had relatively low expectations of this hotel, and unfortunately they were met. The best thing about the hotel is the low rate (under $100/night). I spent 3 nights.
But inside, everything about the room reflects cheap -- from the thin, small towels to the thin blankets and bedding. TV selection is very poor (one of the 2 premium channels showed infomercials 24/7). They give you a dish town and a packet of dish soap, but no sponge. Glasses, mugs, and other dishes are not clean -- plan to re-wash if you are going to use. And of course, everyone knows there is only once-a-week room service, and who knows what that would be like.
Internet speeds are pathetic. This was a big surprise given the other reviews -- they offer free Internet, but there is added cost for higher speeds options. Don't expect to be able to do any work in the evening or even surf the web with the free Internet. They should either offer free, usable, Internet, or just charge for it.
Ranch Rd. nearby has lots of options for shopping / eating but the hotel still feels a little remote from the rest of the bay area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Hotel Milpitas
- Homestead Suites Milpitas
- Homestead Milpitas
- Milpitas Homestead Suites
- Homestead Studio Suites Milpitas