“Excellent Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Cypress Dr., Milpitas, CA 95035 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Milpitas
Hyderabad, India
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I did not expect much reserving this hotel. I was visiting for work. I was surprised to see how good the room was. Clean and well kept. It's right next to all the offices which makes it easier to get to work without being affected by the crazy traffic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your pleasant review of Extended Stay America McCarthy Ranch Milpitas. I am so glad to hear that we were conveniently located near your work place so that you didn’t have to fight the traffic. It also sounds as if you really enjoyed our newly appointed guest rooms and you found them to be fresh and clean, just as we expect them to be for your enjoyment during your stay. We believe in providing quality accommodations at a great value, stay after stay. We hope that you will return to our hotel should your travels bring you back to our area or that of any of our other 600 plus locations nationwide. Once again, thank you for your great review. The Management at Extended Stay America Mc Carthy Ranch Milpitas, California.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milpitas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I travel for work. I'm in hotels for about ten months out of the year, for the last seven years. So when it comes to hotels, I know what I'm talking about.

I mainly stay with extended stay hotels due to my need for long term accommodations. While this particular hotel has its typical strengths and weeknesses, limited up front parking, no security cameras, coffee bar, but what this hotel has that no other hotel has is awesome customer service.

I checked in with Amber. I mentioned I was here building a couple of paint store projects. She never fails to ask how my day is and particularly how my projects are going. Its nice that she actually asks how my day is with interest, rather than generic corporate employee requirements, smile and greet the customer.
She knows I start work before the breakfast bar is set up, so she always puts aside one of my favorite muffins for me when I come back for breakfast!
I have never had such good customer service in a hotel before. It truly is a place that I can call home for the time being.

Thank you Amber!!!

Dan

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dan,
We would like to offer our sincerest thanks for your wonderful review of our Extended Stay America property located in Milpitas, California. We have several properties in the area and it seems your comments may have been meant for a sister site that is close by. Never the less we are so pleased that we were able to accomodate you during your stay and that Amber was so helpful to you. We train our staff to be the best in the industry when it comes to caring for our community which includes you, our valued guest. I do hope that you will continue to stay at one of our locations when you have business in our area. We would certainly be happy to have you. We will pass your great comments and thanks along to our staff. Once again, thank you so much for your kind words.
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very bare bones hotel. I didn't expect much, but I got much less than I bargained for. The AC barely worked... thankfully it was not very hot during my stay. It is one of those window unit ACs where the curtains above it blow wide open while it is on. I had to put my shoes on the bottom of the curtains to keep them from blowing open and exposing me to the parking lot.

The bathrooom was not clean. There were many strands of long black hair in the tub area... and I am a redhead so they did not come from me. I will not stay here again.

Wireless internet worked well.

Poor selection of TV channels.

Sound proofing from the rooms upstairs was almost nonexistent. I could hear every footstep.

Room Tip: Good rooms are in other hotels. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation in addition to your disattisfaction of the tv channel line up, wireless internet and AC. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Got a great deal from hotwire on this hotel. $55 per night.

The room was below average, everything is old and dirty(from being so old) but the service was absolutely amazing!

Better than 5* hotels. Always friendly, smiling, polite and going out of their way to help.

Honestly with staff like that all this hotel needs is a bit of room renovation and although it is considered 2* it will beat the best 4+* hotels hands down.

I cannot praise the people of the hotel enough for the service the provide!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Jose - Milpitas. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed in room of there new rooms, it was great. They gave me a room with kithen in it and i was able to cook food in my room plus there was alot of shopping stores across the street, so i did not have to walk far. my company puts me near the office so i dont have to rent a car. another added bonus. plus i am not from this country so they made me feel very welcome and was nice when I ask for somthing with not very good english. thank you

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Sorry... maybe that's the standart, but I can't really accept it.

Having to pay extra for cleaning?

The good thing was free internet... the rest was to few for the amount paid.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stay at this hotel once a month. And before I pick a hotel I look for the best deal near my work on macarthy ranch. They allways are price under the serounding hotels, plus the kithen in every room is added bonus. From the time I checked in to the time check out, I have to say that the staff is very friendly. This last trip I arrived before the check in time, the Manager stop what he was doing to gop check to see if my room was in top shape before I checked in. Super nice and I will be back next month. Please keep up the good work :)

Room Tip: They have some bigger rooms for an extra $20 bucks, its a steal , and worth the money
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch? Share your experiences!