“My Go-To Indian place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 274 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Indian
“My Go-To Indian place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Always, always get the lamb curry and the butter chicken with a mess load of naan, plain and garlic. It's enough for 4, with just enough leftovers for my lunch next day. It's the lamb curry and butter chicken I compare all other Indian restaurants too... yeah, sometimes other places make it just as good or just slightly better, but then you factor in the price, and Naan N Masala wins every time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Good, but not as good as I'd hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ever since we ate chicken tikka masala at a restaurant in the Bay Area, my girlfriend and I have been trying other Indian restaurants to see if we could find a version of this dish that we liked as much. So, on our way back from our second trip to the Bay Area, we stopped at Naan N Masala to try their chicken tikka masala.

This restaurant didn't look like much from the outside, and it didn't look like much on the inside either. It's almost totally self-serve: you order at the cashier, get your cups and utensils, find a table, and then go back to the cooler to grab your bottled or canned beverage. Somebody does bring your food to your table, however.

We ordered the chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, garlic naan, and rice. Everything was good, but the chicken tikka masala and especially the butter chicken was spicier than I like. My tongue was burning and I was sweating by the end of the meal.

Was the chicken tikka masala as good as the place we'd been to before? No. But it was still good. I'd eat here again, if I was nearby, but I wouldn't drive too far out of my way to come here.

Visited August 2013
San Jose, California
“very good place to have nice indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Been there few weeks back and had their garlic chicken along with chicken tikka masala. Garlic chicken was very nice and so was chicken tikka masala. Slightly more cooked chicken would have been better but it wasn't that bad either. The garlic naans were a bit thick and i expected them to be soft and thinner.. in fact i asked the manager to get it in shape next time i visit. :)

all in all.. a good experience and would love to stop by again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California
“Loved the taste. Its excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Loved the taste. Its excellent. Staff is very nice. Real value for money. Can't believe , at such low price they provide such yummy food. Lovely curries and tandooris!! Real punjabi taste!!

Visited February 2014
San Jose, California
“Good Food, But not much variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good Indian Food for cheap. But not much variety and the gravys taste the same for all the dishes. Ambiance is not that great, but food is ok

Visited October 2013