“Beautiful, Affordable, and Helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oregon
“Beautiful, Affordable, and Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I highly recommend the Millwood Inn and Suites when you are flying in or out of SFO! It really is an old motel that has been revamped, but the rooms are clean and pretty with lots of amenities including refrigerator, coffeemaker, etc... The staff were very friendly and helpful and the price is so much better than other comparable hotels in the area.

The only downside is that the pictures on the website make it look a little nicer than it is, which led to a bit of disappointment. Also, their free shuttle only runs every 30 minutes instead of every 15 like many of the other hotels, so you might have to wait a while if you are relying on the shuttle.

I highly recommend this place anyway, because for the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

I've stayed at this charming motel every time I have had a flight out of SFO! The room is, as other reviewers have mentioned, spotlessly clean and filled with amenities, coffee maker, nice toiletries, taffy from Shaw's Candies, etc. The breakfast is sumptious and plentiful. There is just an altogether good feeling in this place. The price is right, too. I checked on the internet for a quote and they quoted me the same price when I called their 800 number. I like that kind of consistency. I would recommend the Millwood Inn without hesitation.

• Liked — The friendly staff and great breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We stayed at the Millwood Inn for one night and very much enjoyed our stay.

First, the plusses:
- The motel is very near to the SF airport.
- We arrived around midnight, which was not a problem at all. The staff was very helpful.
- The room was very comfortable, with a VCR/DVD player, wifi and an ironing board. The beds were excellent!
- We especially liked the breakfast. It included eggs, fresh fruit and waffles.

Then, the "negatives":
- There is some noise from the road and the airport. For us this was not a problem, but if you're a very light sleeper, this is something to consider.
- The breakfast room was a bit small for the number of guests, four tables. At 9AM we had to wait and then share tables with others.

All in all, this is a very nice place to stay with an outstanding quality for its price class.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
walnut grove, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We stayed for 1 night on June 29th and left our car for 3 weeks while we went to Europe.
The rooms were small but had every convenience. We ran the airconditioner all night so we did not hear any outside noise and had a good nights sleep before we left for the airport. Breakfast was fine, we had cereal, coffee and juice. No complaints.
We usually stay at the Hyatt but for the price I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. It is not luxurious but very comfortable and I would recommend it.

• Liked — Price for park and fly
  • Disliked — Snippy lady at reception desk
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

Like many, we booked the inn based on the reviews. And I think the establishment has lived up to the reviews, at least to most of the good comments. A nice, quaint and comfortable inn with the basic amenities. The staff were helpful since day 1 (we were there for 5days). Love the laundry and dryer facilities and at a mere 75cents each load. The talk about the breakfast is all true. Nice spread with quality food. The inn is also near a bart station so we could conveniently park and ride. Lots of food joints, convenient stores, pharmacies all around. We had thought that the inn was already very well-keep. But to our surprise, they are currently upgrading the rooms as we speak. So I guess there's something to look forward to the next time we stay there.

• Liked — Wi-Fi!!
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mt. Fuji
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

I decided to stay at this hotel because of the good reviews, so I had a big expectation. I We stayed at a family room and it was NICE, BIG and comfortable!!! Breakfast had lots of selections to choose from.
We had a few problems. First of all, we were suppose to move to cheaper and smaller room for the 2nd night, but they said they didn't have it. (which I booked it in advance) so we (only 3) had to stay in the big family room of 4 big beds.
When we were checking out, we had cash in our hand ready to pay, BUT the total amount was more than what they told me through e-mails and they have ALREADY charged to my credit card without my permission!! (When I checked in, they said they won't charge it to my credit card)
Afterward, they e-mailed me the correct amount.
Speically for foreign travelers, you consider how much cash you wanna spend for the last day, right!? We had all those American dollars a few hours before our flight...ummmmm

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Finchampstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

Booked this place based on previous reviews. As it was Memorial Weekend, they were nearly full, and only had a smoking room available for the first night. However, bearing in mind how much I dislike smoking, it wasn't too bad, which suggests the cleaning is thorough. They moved me for the next 2 nights to a non-smoking room.

Rooms aren't the biggest I've been in, but they are definitely the highest quality motel rooms I've had in 5 weeks of motel travel. Great bedding with 4 quality pillows, the bathroom is how you'd like your own to look after a professional refit, and the little touches like glassware for coffee cups and water, big flat sceen tv, high quality soap and stuff for the ladies: really comprehensive free breakfast offering including (cold) boiled eggs, bacon strips and cheese slices, fruit, waffle maker... it's just a cut above all the other motels I've stayed in. Good wifi, and very helpful front desk who allowed me a late checkout to match flight time.

I'll certainly stay here again if I'm in the area - it's just a pity this isn't a national chain!

• Liked — Quality, good value
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!