I checked into this hotel and found that the wifi connection in my room wasn't working. Despite several calls to the front desk, it still didn't work, so I decided to check out and find another hotel.
I was surprised when the hotel manager told me that because I had stayed in the room for more than 30 minutes, she would have to charge me for one night's stay. I suppose I might have acutally stayed in the room more than 30 minutes. Sheez, it might have been as much as 35 minutes - most of which was spent trying to get an unacceptable situation rectified.
I think the manager's decision to charge me was deplorable. Her parting comments to me were particularly offensive. This Travelodge has firked me out of $88, but it will be the last $88 that they - or any Wyndham hotel brand - will ever get from me.
There are too many other hotel alternatives available to put up with this sort of treatment. I suggest that you look elsewhere. PS The Quality Suites about two blocks north of the Travelodge is about the same price and their wifi works.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family owned boutique hotel with newly remodeled guestrooms (2014) is conveniently located 1 mile from the San Francisco Airport (SFO) with free 24-hour SFO Airport shuttle bus service to and from the SFO airport. They offer free parking for your night of stay; however, no car is necessary as they are within 100 yards of the Millbrae BART (rapid transit)/Caltrain station-your gateway to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley. Aside from Their superior location, there are other perks that will make your experience with them even more special. Every morning guests will enjoy a free deluxe continental breakfast featuring hard-boiled eggs, ham & cheese, tasty in-house-baked goods, freshly made granola, fresh waffles and so much more. Come back to the front desk in the afternoon to enjoy freshly baked cookies, tea and coffee. Talk to their friendly front desk staff about San Francisco tour recommendations, they are happy to assist you with planning. The Dylan is proud to offer free high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel, making it easy for you to catch up on work or emails. Lounge by the fountain in their relaxing Tuscan themed patio complete with comfy seating and lantern lighting. They recently completed the remodeling of their guestrooms in 2014. They took an artistic approach to their new room designs and worked with famous surrealist photographer Thomas Barbey to select each piece of his dreamy artwork to display in their guestrooms. Look closely at the art and you'll begin to recognize icons from all around the world, including San Francisco. Each room is stylized to highlight the beauty of his work. If you enjoy unwinding in front of the TV, you'll love watching HBO on the 40 inch LCD flat screen TVs that they've provided in each guestroom. Their modern all American made furniture adds a touch of sophistication to their room design and unlike most hotels, they've incorporated ample USB ports and electrical outlets into every headboard and desk as they know the importance of staying connected to loved ones and colleagues. Their stunning new bathrooms feature spacious showers with imported Spanish porcelain tile, frameless glass shower doors and relaxing rain showerheads. For over 2 decades, they have been committed to offering their guests a quality stay at an extremely competitive rate. Their excellent reviews and awards, including the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, attest to this. Stay with them and see how easy and stress-free traveling can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Dylan at SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dylan At Sfo Hotel Millbrae
- Travelodge Hotel Millbrae
- Travel Lodge Millbrae
- Travelodge Millbrae
- Millbrae Travel Lodge
- Millbrae Travelodge