“Terrific hotel in the shadows of the San Francisco Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Stow, Ohio
“Terrific hotel in the shadows of the San Francisco Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I "book-ended" my two stays at this hotel when I traveled to CA for a family reunion in Napa Valley. The accommodations were excellent and the staff were really guest-focused. The rooms are nicely appointed; and the double-pane glass windows completely muffle all sounds coming from the airport nearby.

During my second stay, I had a guest room on the 7th floor (top) that overlooked the Bay and the airport. This afforded me a birds' eye view of the airport; and it was a delight to sit in front of the large window watching planes arrive and depart! (MUCH better than watching TV!)

The dining room staff are very friendly and efficient and actually remembered me when I again checked-into this hotel on Sunday. (Original stay was on Wednesday).

The menu offerings are very nice and there is a great deal of variety. The breakfast buffet is reasonably priced.

The chicken club sandwich on sourdough bread is particularly delicious. The avocado was the best I've ever tasted.

The restaurant brews Starbuck's coffee and it is fantastic!

On the morning of my departure, I went to the dining room and asked for a bagel and cream cheese to take to the room. The hostess promptly took care of my request... and at no charge!

I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to the west coast.

Room Tip: Top floor with a Bay view and view of the airport. REALLY fun to watch!
Green Features: Each guest room has a re-cycle bin. This hotel seems to be very focused on environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Emmy1965,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay(s) with us! I am delighted to hear that you had such pleasant times on both occasions and we look forward to welcoming you back when you visit us again! Until then, be well!

Guest Experience Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Family fun- clean room, small but typical Westin. Faced southeast x20; quiet but no view at all. Pool was clean and fun, that was all that mattered. Front desk was poorly staffed and I had to wheel my own luggage at 5 pm. Very odd for Westin in that regard.

Stayed June 2014
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear FunFamily619,

I'm delighted to hear that you and your family had a fun time during your stay with us! I apologize for the shortage of staff during your check-in. I hope that if travel brings you back our way, you'll choose to stay with us again. Until then, be well.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a beautiful modern hotel, overlooks the Bay and Airport. We thought it would be very loud being so close to the runways but the windows are double pane with about four inches between the panes. When we stayed it was very busy and we started watching the planes land and take off instead of TV. Very clean, very accommodating, good Restaurant and Bar in the hotel. Free shuttle service to airport every twenty minutes. I complained about paying for WiFi and the check in lady gave me my night's stay free. I have never paid for WiFi and thought that was a rip off for such a nice hotel. Nice sidewalks for strolling around, small park across the street. Extra large shower heads and nice shower wand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the landing strips, especially if you have children. Ask for free WiF...
Green Features: Very strong on recycling and water saving, good environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Will132,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. I hope that if travel brings you back our way, you'll stay with us again! Until then, be well!

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Westin always has good service (for the most part) so this is a guarantee, however, the rooms need a little TLC. They aren't bad - it's the ideal business hotel as a stop over if you need to be close to SFO. Parking is easy, check in is easy, the amenities are good - all around you can't go wrong. The running/walking trail directly across the street is magnificent. Don't go for luxury - go for convenience.

Room Tip: I had a room looking over air conditioning units on a rooftop so…not great. Despite the proximity t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear NonaKim,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! It sounds like you had a pleasant time with us and I'm glad we were able to offer an all around easy stay. I hope that if travel brings you back our way, you'll choose to stay with us again. Until then, be well.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My room was great with a good view of the bay, but the WiFi was a rip off. I checked in a 7pm, and would be leaving the next morning at 6am. I paid $13.95 for WiFi, and used it in the evening, it had expired....they expected me to pay another $13.95!! I would expect $13.95 to cover a 24 hour period!
I mentioned it to the guy at the desk when I checked out, and he didn't seem to know what WiFi options were available, and talked about packages that I hadn't been offered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear RichardBR3,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for your experience with our WiFi services. I will share your comments with our team to see if there is anything we can do for future situations like yours so that guests won't have to pay double for a single night stay. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon. Until then, be well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very close to airport. Good restaurant. Nice indoor pool. Easy access to miles of waterfront running trails. It's an older property but still holds up just fine. When I need to be in striking distance of the airport, this is my go to SPG property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear josiahg1,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time and hope to see you again the next time travel brings you back our way. Until then, be well!

Eden, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was the last night of our vacation and we wanted to stay near the airport. Next time we're in San Francisco, this is the place to stay. In addition to the ease of check-in, friendly staff and delicious dining, the community of Millbrae was a nice surprise. Friendly people, cute shops and easy downtown walking makes this a community you want to go back to. The Westin had the option of a Bay View room - take it, as it overlooks the airport and bay. We had dinner at the onsite restaurant where the staff gave good advice on the dishes and the atmosphere was quiet and elegant with reasonable prices. We'd stay again!

Room Tip: Get a Bay View room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear CathyK76837,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time and that everything from check-in to the dining made your visit that much better. We hope that you come back to San Francisco soon and you'll let us take care of you again! Until then, be well.

Guest Experience Team

Been to The Westin San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!