“Not so heavenly” 3 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Millbrae
“Not so heavenly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've grown so tired of the inconsistency in the major chains--Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton--that I have stopped staying there, but Westin has been the most consistent. A blemish on that record was a recent stay here. Rooms were tired, stained carpets in hallways and room, dirty elevator, marks on the walls, no maid service to refresh water or coffee, heating system that was either too cold or too hot, construction going on during the day. Staff is friendly, excellent shuttle to and from SFO that is prompt. You can walk along the bay on a nice path and the location to the 101 is convenient for south bay or city commute. The desk staff says the building was just purchased and is being refurbished. Not soon enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the floors that have been refurbished.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Jetsettersixty,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologize that it wasn't up to the Westin standard that you know and are used to. We are currently going through a refresh to address the concerns that you have mentioned. Hopefully if travel brings you back our way, you'll stay with us again and experience us anew. Until then, be well!

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Yountville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Was there for an overnight stay in anticipation of a morning departure out of SFO, and did not want to face rush hour traffic driving in from Napa Valley. Was greeted ever so warmly at 10 p.m. and was upgraded to a suite. Great night's sleep, great breakfast, and a warm send off. Was a really good, albeit brief, experience. All employees encountered were friendly and helpful. Seems to be a very well run hotel. Have been a huge fan of Westin for many years (too many to admit to, as I'm pretty old.)

Keep up the good work.

Jim T.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear JBTYountville_CA,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm absolutely delighted to hear that you had an excellent time with us from check-in to check-out. We hope to see you again soon in the future and to continue having you as a Westin fan! Until then, be well.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I'm a bit surprised that this Hotel didn't get really good review. We had a chance to stay here for one night and we had a great stay. It has a great indoor swimming pool that is great for family (a area that is great for kids age 5-10 (4 ft ~ 5 ft deep), and a lap pool right next to it that is good for adult exercising. The deco is kind of plain, but the lobby area is not too bad (also free Internet at the lobby area). If you get lucky you also get a airport view (if you like to watch airplanes taking off and landing) and complimentary breakfast.. I will probably come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear whchuang,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and was able to enjoy the pool and other amenities. We hope to see you back soon! Until then, be well.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have been staying hear for several years now. Most recently I stayed here for one night for business. The property is located very close to the SFO airport and at a driving distance from all the Silicon Valley companies on the peninsula. The staff is helpful and they recently (maybe a year ago) renovated their restaurant. The room are clean, but now showing some age. I like this hotel but I hope the management is planning to do some room renovation in the near future.

Dear MonsoonPhoto2014,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us as well as your continually choosing us as your hotel of choice for the area! Along with the recently renovated restaurant, Grill & Vine, we are also going through a refresh of all guest rooms. We're finishing up the final floors now so hopefully the next time you visit us again, you'll be able to experience our new rooms! Until then, be well.

Howell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Westin SFO has changed hands recently and has gone through some nice renovations. I've been coming here for about 4 years, and I have to say things are moving in the right direction. The staff has gone the extra mile to keep my business, and it is very much appreciated. I left this hotel for others in the area, but have come back due to their extra efforts. From help with booking last minute to providing breakfast (or breakfast to go) for Platinum members sets this hotel apart from other hotels in the area. The Westin bed is incredible, too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the departure runway provide a quieter night sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MarkRomo,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that everyone at the property has gone above and beyond to make your entire stay with us as invigorating as it can be. I thank you for continuing to choose us as your hotel of choice when in the area. We look forward to having you stay with us again and again! Until then, be well!

Best,

Interlochen, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A real blemish on the Westin name. Very tired hotel. The room featured banged up furniture, stained carpet, an eighties-style analog clock radio, and plastic cups (what is this, the Super 8?).

I had to work in my room one day of my stay and there was construction going on above my room. I called to complain - they offered to move me, which I appreciate - but I had deadlines, phone conferences, etc and did not have time to move. I asked the "service express" operator "why would you sell a room when you know there will be noisy construction over it?" she said she would tell the manager about my concerns. I heard NOTHING from the manager. What the #@#@?

Pros:
Nice Staff
Good airport shuttle - never really had to wait long
Comfortable Bed
Room was quiet at night (but not during day)

Cons
Terrible, just awful, value for money - my room was not cheap. If I was paying out of my own pocket I would have been furious. I was on a business trip.
Location - can't walk to anything
Cold eggs at breakfast
Had a "flatbread pizza" for dinner at bar upon arrival - it was disgusting - worse than cafeteria food

Room Tip: choose a room at a different hotel!
Dear DoughB0Y,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations with the Westin brand. We are currently going through a refresh to address the concerns you mentioned and improve our look and feel to give guests like you, the best experience possible. While there is no great time for doing work and construction, we do schedule it to begin after our typical traveler has left the hotel for their day so that it is never early in the morning and is done around check-in time. We really appreciate the feedback about our staff and do wish that we had taken the chance to turn your experience around. I am happy to let you know that we are in the final floor of the refresh and I hope that if travel brings you back our way, you would return and give us the chance to share our new rooms with you, without any distractions. Until then, be well.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had a recent one night stay (airport hotel, after all….). Very late arrival (1am), early departure. The front office manager was FANTASTIC. I called earlier that day and she arranged a shuttle to pick us up at the terminal, although the shuttle doesn't usually run at that time. She also accommodated a few requests I had, in a BIG way. I'm very grateful to her and this property for making my brief stay as comfortable as possible. The night crew was very kind and efficient, and the breakfast was excellent, covering all the bases with plenty of fresh options. Thank you! Oh, the room/s I had were updated and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Stephen G.,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am absolutely delighted to hear that your stay with us was fantastic and that all the staff you encountered made your stay that much better. I hope that if travel brings you back our way, you'll choose to stay with us again. Until then, be well!

Best,

Guest Experience Team

Been to The Westin San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!