“Nice quiet airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Millbrae
Los Angeles, California
“Nice quiet airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times. It's my company's favorite place to hold training for our west region. Last trip was two nights. Airport bus was quick in both directions. Check-in was fast and room was clean and comfortable. I read something about the rooms being soundproofed and hadn't ever thought about it before but you don't hear the planes. I noticed that the windows are really thick.
I had lunch in the hotel bar/restaurant. It is very informal, more bar than restaurant. I had the salmon and it was charred on one side. The other people at lunch both said that their food was better than they expected. Mine, not so much.
Overall, i wouldn't stay here if i wanted a luxury hotel, but for an airport hotel, it's better than most.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear JeffS_from_LA,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to host a repeat guest like yourself. We are also happy that you had a positive experience overall. We have shared your comments and views on your stay with our team.

Hope to welcome you back again at our hotel soon!

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Washington Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin San Francisco Airport hotel on business. During my typical "room inspection" upon check-in, I found something very interesting between the mattress and box spring of the bed - an empty bottle of booze that had been hidden by someone! Definitely a first... I alerted the front desk and they were very accommodating, moving me to another room immediately. Probably the most interesting thing I have ever found (if you've read any of my reviews of other hotels, you'll see I tend to find things...but of course, that's largely because I look for them).

So my "actual" room? It was okay. Clean enough that I wasn't freaked out, nice large screen TV, decent work area. Room service in the morning on both days was aqeuate. And a nice view of the airport (and of course, the associated noise that one would expect from an airport hotel). Bed was comfortable. The downstairs restaurant, though expensive, had a nice ambiance and decent food. The lobby was actually very pretty and looked like it had been redone recently. Concierge service was friendly and we never had a problem getting a taxi. And the front desk staff were also accommodating and gracious.

So aside from the initial "bottle debacle," my biggest complaint would be the hallways on the room floors. Going to my room, I felt like I was in some kind of tenament - very dim lighting, terribly stained carpeting, and beat up walls and doors down the corridor. The walk down the hallway to my room was a bit creepy.

Would I stay here again? On business, probably yes. For personal travel, definitely not. The location alone does not scream "relaxing vacation!" but for business or an overnight at the airport, it does suffice.

Dear Lisa F,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with the Westin SFO. We are truly sorry that our housekeeping department missed such an item during cleaning and inspection. It is great to find out that our front desk agents were accommodating. As you have mentioned, the lobby area and additionally our new restaurant Grill & Vine are newly refurbished. On top of this, there will be another renovation for the rooms and public spaces soon. We believe this will address the problem you had with the corridors and furnishings.

Thank you for choosing for your business trip. We also hope to provide with a relaxing vacation with newer hotel rooms and facilities.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I needed a place to crash before a long trans-Pacific flight that departed at a miserable hour: 1am. I had to drive down to San Francisco from Napa and so I elected to stay at the Westin prior to departure.
My check in was swift and efficient and I opted to have my heavy suitcase delivered to the room. The porter was courteous and advised me to keep my door locked, which I appreciated. The room was clean and comfortable and certainly sufficed for my purpose.
My only gripe - and this goes for so many hotels in the U.S. - is that they charge for WiFi. Really??? The Westin is not a cheap place to stay. Why squeeze an extra sum from the weary traveler?
I recommend the hotel, aside from the internet issue. Additionally, there is free shuttle service between the hotel and the airport departing every 15 minutes. But, one thing, if your bags are heavy, it's a bit of a task hefting them into the bus!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be soundproofed - an added plus as the hotel is right next to San Francisco Inte...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Tamarindwalk,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing Westin SFO for your stay. We are happy that our porter was courteous and that you had swift and efficient check-in. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi pricing disappointed you. We do offer free Wi-Fi at lobby.

We appreciate your comments. They have already been shared with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again at the Westin SFO.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Westin SFO performs well above the standard I expect for American airport hotels. It's good to get a room facing away from runways and freeway, but once you do, it can be very comfortable. Front office coordinator Rudy Abarca has been there for many years and is clearly a significant part of the success of the hotel in maintaining a comfortable facility and a genuinely hospitable atmosphere.

Dear Caseyvtb,

Thank you very much for your great review about Westin SFO. We are very happy read your comments and that you are loyal guest to our hotel. We have shared your comments with our team.

Thank you again for keep coming back and choosing Westin SFO and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Stay well,

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have just returned from San Francisco and Napa Valley and stayed at the Westin Airport when I flew in and the night before I flew out. It was perfect. 1 mile from the airport. I flew in late and it was easy to find. The hotel staff was excellent--especially Kim in the restaurant. I took my 92 year old Mom for her birthday and Kim made her feel SO SPECIAL. I can not give more raves about her. The rooms are comfy and the beds--ouuu la la. The handicap rooms are fabulous. I will stay there again---with out a doubt.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lovelycotinga,

We truly appreciate your great review about Westin SFO and delighted to find out that our hotel staff, especially Kim, gave you an excellent service. Your comments have been shared with our team.

We hope to welcome you and your mother back again at the Westin SFO!

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our room did not look as though it had been cleaned. The bathroom was full of hair from other guests. Hair was visible all around the base of the toilet and in the shower/bath. I had to clean the bathtub before I could take a bath. Just disgusting!!! We also found hair on the bed. They have a captive audience because of the location. There are other hotels near the airport. I would never stay here again. Take my advice, don't bother staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Victoria 2502,

We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and apologize for this experience you had to go through. This is not a common occurrence in our hotel, as we give very importance to room cleanliness and attention to detail. Your comments has been shared with our team. Please note that we will ensure that your experience is better on your next visit with us. Also, please feel free to contact us prior to your next stay to allow us an opportunity to not only meet but also to exceed your expectations.

We hope that you choose us for your next visit.

Zürich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had to spend a night by the airport before an early morning flight. The hotel is fairly new, and has the facilities and features that you would expect. After having spent two weeks in San Francisco (and paid much more for a nightly rate), this Westin was a pleasant change from the drabness of the Union Square Westin, I only regret that I didn't have longer to stay!

The room was very nice, with properly insulated windows - I didn't hear a single plane while I was staying there, and the checkin and bar staff were equally great!

The airport shuttle staff were mixed. On the ride from SFO to the hotel, no one got any help at all from the driver with lugging heavy items on board. The next day's driver back to SFO was conversely very helpful and deserved his tip. I can only assume that the grumpy driver from the day before didn't care about getting any tips, although he still held out his hand as if he'd done something to deserve one!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Al S,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you had an invigorating stay with us. Our 397 rooms are soundproof and we are happy to provide you with a restful experience. It is unfortunate to find out that our shuttle drivers were not consistent and attentive to your needs. We have brought up your comments to our Shuttle Service provider.

Thank you for choosing Westin SFO and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We hope to welcome you back at our hotel again!

Guest Experience Team

Been to The Westin San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!