You never really appreciate something until you compare it to something.
After I extricated myself from the "building of bedrooms" known as the Aloft I was very happy to stay at the Westin.
The lobby is pleasant, well maintained and includes all the features of a hotel. Check in was quick and the staff at the front desk was fabulous.
Room was nice, but could use a little TLC. The carpet showed some wear and there was a large pull in the middle. They leave the luggage rack out for you and you may want to move it since it was a little tight getting around it. There is the normal HDTV, desk, chest of drawers, and chair with ottoman. My room had a nice view of the bay, a good way to spend the afternoon, doing emails and looking out over the bay and the airport. WiFi has a couple of choices including a higher speed for an additional fee. Likewise, guests can access the WiFi in the lobby by entering room and name.
There is a HDTV in the room, decent selection of channels. The closet has a door that you pull open, not twist the knob and someone pulled a little too hard. Engineering might want to fix this.
Bathroom was tiny, water pressure good, hot water good, clean good, towels pretty good, regular old Westin toiletries, when will they change them. Overall no complaints about the bathroom.
Bed was extremely comfortable, thermostat seemed pretty accurate so I had a really good night's sleep. The light situation in my room was challenging. Someone broke the knob on the lamp next to the bed and I nearly sliced my finger when I went to turn it on. Alarm clock is very confusing how to engage the alarms, just call for a wake up call.
Restaurant is OK, nothing special, really a bar with some food choices, view it as a bar and you will be happier. My steak frites was OK, definitely not worth the price. The sandwiches and burgers looked like the way to go, as I said it is a bar. A few people were ordering some wild drinks and the bartender was very methodical in preparation. Sit at the bar, order a cocktail, a burger and watch the TVs would be my recommendation.
Shuttle to the airport runs 24-hours, about ten minute drive, just make sure you sit near the front door at the hotel or else they will leave without you. There are two stops on the way.
I caught the 0415 shuttle and coffee was already available in the lobby, excellent!!!
Overall the hotel just needs a little TLC in some of the rooms, but the staff was super. This will be my go-to hotel when I have early flights out of SFO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with your unique needs in mind, The Westin San Francisco Airport offers business travelers easy access to the city and Silicon Valley via major freeways and public transport. Less than .5 mile away from San Francisco International Airport, we offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin San Francisco Airport Hotel Millbrae
- Westin San Francisco Airport
- Westin Hotel Millbrae
- Westin Millbrae
- Millbrae Westin