“Another very good Westin” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Another very good Westin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a typical Westin in terms of service, quality of room and overall experience. While nothing stands-out, nothing disappoints. For a convenient place outside of San Francisco where driving the Bay Area is needed, this is a safe, productive play to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were due to fly home via New York but were scuppered because of hurricane Sandy and ended up with an unexpected stopover in San Francisco. The airline gave us a number for the cheapest hotel rates and we chose the westin at $90 per room.

The shuttle runs every 15 mins and check in was quick and professional. The room was nicely furnished although the bathroom was a little tired. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were very soft which affected my sleep. The air conditioning was really efficient which was a blessing.

We didn't check in till ten pm so didn't eat at the hotel. We did have a drink in the bar area which was nice but rather expensive.

All in all a perfectly acceptable airport hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review! We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize that the pillows were too soft, we do however have foam pillows available at your request that are firmer. We hope to see you again!
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was given a room that I later learned was not supposed to be occupied. An unused air filter was inside the door when I opened it, peeling wall paper on the window wall but the worst part was that the room had been Ozoned-- apparently to attempt to cover someone who had smoked. It was awful. I was moved to another room that had a nonfunctioning air conditioner. Spoke to the manager on duty who attempted to offer me dinner/breakfast something to make up for the experience. I told him the only thing I wanted was to speak to the GM about the experience. I was assured I would be contacted and never was. This is not what Westin attempts to be. Look, it's a Westin and is rated dead last of the few hotels at the airport. That tells you a lot.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aspen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here when United messed up once again. The flight attendants from United cut the registration line despite some other customer complaints. The Westin staff seemed to be fairly chummy with the United staff and did not heed any of our protests to the line cutting. The pool was nice but no easy access except through the lobby. No free Wifi. Remodeling was going on and the hotel needed a lot more. It was a bit dated. There is a nice running path along the bay but it takes some route finding to follow it very far. Overall, it was an okay hotel but certainly not worth the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Greetings Mark G,

Thank you for your message. As you have mentioned, we are currently in the process of transforming our bar and restaurant, due to open late December 2012. We have also begun the process of renovating our public areas and guest rooms, such as new lobby area carpeting, scheduled registration/front desk transformation, completed next-generation Heavenly shower-head installation, and a planned guest rooms transformation in the near future. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the local running path. We hope to see you during your next visit to the Bay Area.
Hartsville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The service at this hotel was one of the highest levels that I have received. I can only say good things about the staff at the hotel. From the moment that I arrived, I was professionally greeted by the staff and that level of courtesy and professionalism did not stop for the two night visit.

My wife and I were in San Francisco for a birthday weekend. We would definitely return to this hotel again.

The property itself is starting to show some age. The rooms were very clean with new linens, new bathroom fixtures and great in-room entertainment. I noticed that the carpet appeared to be a little bit aged and the hallways seemed very dark.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have a mini bar or refrigerator. You will need to ask if you want one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamSFO, Manager at The Westin San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We thrive to provide our guests with a rejuvenating escape to give you the ultimate heavenly experience! I'm delighted to let you know we have plans in the near future to transform our guest floors!
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was near the airport, and I had an early flight. I also chose this hotel because of the name brand: Westin. But it wasn't nearly as nice as the Westin hotels I've stayed in the past. It wasn't any more nice than a Holiday Inn Express, with regard to the amenities. I'm sort of glad that this was a business related stay, because I would be a little more disappointed had I paid my own money. I would stay here again for the location convenience, but if I was paying my own money, I would pick a less expensive property just as close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you have to over night, this hotel is an ok place to stay. The reception & lobby are fine, but the doors to each room need to be fixed. They continually slam, while the rooms are just not up to par with other Westins...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!