“Stayed for Business, Would Come Back for Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Chino Hills, California
“Stayed for Business, Would Come Back for Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was an outstanding hotel! The front desk staff was extremely personable, friendly, and informative. The rooms were very comfortable, and the views were great! It was a breeze to get to the hotel from the airport via the complimentary shuttle. It runs every 20 minutes and takes you right to the front door of the hotel. Room service was timely and tasty; probably one of the best BLT sandwiches I have ever had!

As I said, I was staying here for business, but I would definitely choose to stay at this location for fun too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the halls facing the bay, you'll have a great view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you need to to stay nearby to the San Francisco airport, this would be the hotel to stay at.
Very comfortable room with all the amenities.

A very good shuttle bus to and from the airport provided easy access to the terminals and to BART (get the international stop/pickup).

If you need an In-n-Out Burger fix, then there is a location less than five minutes away. The bar and restaurant looked good but not tried.

Room Tip: East and North facing rooms do overlook the airport and despite the excellent sound proofing, can pi...
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed 3 nights for business in the area. The staff was courteous and efficient. I chose the eco option to not have my room cleaned and got 1000 points. It does seem ridiculous to put on clean sheets and towels every day, so I was glad to oblige. Often when I stay at hotels that allow the option of leaving a card out or towels hanging to signal you want to save energy, the staff replaces them every day anyway. The Westin did not send anyone into the room, which was fine with me.

The bed was very comfortable, what I expect from a high end hotel

Breakfast was expensive, it seems to me. $20 for a mediocre buffet with few options. $10 for the continental only, and there was no bread out to toast. Under ripe fruit.

Dinner in their Alfiere restaurant, by contrast, was excellent. I had the pork chop special and it was delicious. The pork was moist and tender. I skipped the garlic mash and had extra sauteed green beans. They were done just right and still a little crunchy, with a delicious light garlic flavor in the saute. The couple of onion rings on top were overcooked, though. With a glass of wine, the total bill was about $42 before tip.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view, though all rooms are somewhat noisy with the planes landing nearby.
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall, I had a great experience at the Westin where I stayed a week for a convention. The staff was very attentive from the bell desk to the front desk, the restaurants to housekeeping.

The hotel shuttle was convenient and I appreciated the short commute to the hotel.I requested a bay view room upon arrival and was given a view of 50% airport, 30% line of trees and 20% unobstructed bay view. The room was comfortable although the pillows were too soft for my personal taste. I left a $5 tip and a note requesting firmer pillows. My housekeeper saw me later and said she couldn't guarantee firmer pillows but would try to get newer ones. The newer ones weren't much harder, unfortunately, so I just doubled up with my harem of pillows.

The service at the restaurant was fine as mentioned before although one has to remember while scanning the menu prices that you're at a four-star restaurant in the Bay Area. I did appreciate that there were a number of healthier, locally sourced items to choose from. After a few nights, my colleagues and I did exhaust our favorite choices from the one existing dining location. Other dining options were relatively close but somewhat difficult to get to without a car or cabfare investment.

I commend the team that negotiated the group block rate as an inquiry about extending my stay revealed an offer of triple the price.

If you're looking for an indulgent pre-flight hotel or a place to spread your wings outside of the city proper, the Westin may fit the bill. Assuming the convention returns here in the future, I will do more research on how to get to nearby eateries.

Room Tip: As for a room in the "70s"; these rooms would seem to have the best bay views.
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is the first one when you come out of the freeway from the San fransisco airport. They have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. The check-in is simple and easy and the rooms are good. I had the one facing the runway so I could see the airplanes taking off and landing. It was nice and open view. They have a nice swimming pool also. As this is a Westin brand hotel the rooms are nice clean and bathroom with the special shower head. You can go for a nice walk on the trail that starts from right opposite to the hotel. There are some restaurants along the trail. About 10 minutes walk from the hotel there is a In and out burger place. There is a gas station there also where there is a shop selling lots of good simple food and drinks to eat and buy. I enjoyed my stay. Perfect if you are passing through the San fransisco airport and need to spend a night or even for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Room facing the runway on higher floor are nice for the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

When I have to make a run to San Francisco for a meeting, and arrive on a late flight, this is the place I choose. It's located quite close to SFO, and the hotel runs a shuttle to pick you up. Everyone, from the shuttle drivers to the doormen to the front desk (I never encounter any other staff because I'm only there for a few hours!), has been very friendly, and deliver professional and courteous service.

Check-in has always been quite smooth, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. And, I don't perceive the prices charged to be unreasonable. The bathrooms are showing slight wear and age to me, but for the limited time I'm generally at the hotel, it doesn't phase me.

In summary, after staying at this hotel for over five times in the last couple years, I know I have nothing to worry about when I arrive. The room will always be of Westin-level quality, and the service will be professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: I always request a room overlooking the runways at SFO. It's kind of nice seeing the planes lan...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We chose to stay close to the airport and always try to stay at Westin where available. We visited all attractions of San Francisco and outlying area in the four days we stayed here. Good location and value. It's just the same great service we've experienced in all our Westin stays. Valet parking was convenient and they also provided good service to us. Has an indoor heated pool and has a restaurant. I found everything to be very clean and our room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Despite being close to the airport, our room was very quiet. Seems like they have soundproof window...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!