“Unpleasant flavors and textures.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Vietnamese
San Francisco
“Unpleasant flavors and textures.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The crab and asparagus soup was gloopy, tasteless and just unpleasant. I was desperately wondering how to give it back without offending the chef, but happily my entrée arrived after only a couple of spoonfuls, so I was able to push it aside.

The special rice in clay pot wasn't much better. There were two shrimp, canned mushrooms and some over-cooked, dry chicken. It was edible, but not particularly enjoyable.

I really don't understand the good reviews. It was really inferior Vietnamese food in an area with so many great Asian restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kaikoura, New Zealand
“Excellent customer service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I first went to the Petite Camille with my friend's mom, who we were dropping off at the airport that day around lunch time. She highly recommended it, said it was fantastic food, and she was right. We very much enjoyed it.

Coincidence had it that we had a layover in SFO for about 8 hours about a month after that. We had 3 large bags, as we were flying internationally: we had two large rolling bags and a hiking backpack. Instead of forking out something silly like 20 dollars and hour to store our bags at the airport, we decided to bring them in to the city with us.

We got to the train station, and realized we had some time, so we decided to get some lunch. We soon realized we were right next to the Petite Camille, and definitely were keen to go there again! We were served by a very friendly man who was curious where we were going with all of our bags. He made a point of coming back to us several times during our meal and having a very nice chat with us.

When we mentioned we were going in to the city, he then said, "With your bags? No, no, just leave your bags here! We are open late and I am the last person here, so just come back in when you are finished with your day in town." We were so thankful! It was so nice checking out the waterfront without 3 ginormous bags in tow.

And when we got back, our bags were there, they hadn't been touched, everything was absolutely fine. We told them thank you, and I've been meaning to leave a review ever since.

I am not all suggesting that every international traveller should start using La Petite Camille as a luggage locker, but I was VERY impressed with the customer service! It definitely made them memorable. And as I've said before, we loved the food as well! Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Idaho
“Best vietnamese I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would've gone back here to eat over and over if it had worked out. The place was packed but they got us a table right away. Service was great and the food came out fast. My husband had the catfish noodle soup and I had the chicken with coconut and curry , so very good! Prices for SF area was unbelievable.

• Visited August 2013
Winchester VA
“Excellent Viet Namese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A friend and I shared several dishes and appetizers. Each was fabulous. Sate, Vietnamese Crepe, BBQ Beef with Lemongrass, and sauteed prawns and broccoli over rice. So many choices, but I will be back to try other menu items. Nice location near the Millbrae BART station.

• Visited June 2013
Cupertino, California
“Tasty Food. Tiny Portions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

FOOD:
The food here is delicious. We particularly enjoyed the BBQ Pork dish and the Beef Look Luck dish. As impressed as we were with the taste of the dishes, however, we were sorely disappointed by their meager portions. For example, the Jumbo Prawns Clay Pot dish ($10.45) came with only two (that's right, two) undersized prawns.

SERVICE:
Our waiter was cheerful and attentive.

PRICE:
Our bill averaged out to around $14 per person.

• Visited May 2013