“Clean & Modern” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Tampa, Florida
“Clean & Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay, located right next to the airport. If modern is your style than the Aloft will suit you perfectly. Fun atmosphere as well as a friendly/helpful staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us as well as our staff. We hope that you will visit again soon! Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This Aloft is obviously a relatively new property which shows by the quality of the rooms. Basic services (no room serv) but there are cold and hot self serve snacks in the lobby. Excellent locale next to bay shore walk and close to external food options.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to the area. Best.
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

As an SPG elite I am not crazy about the Aloft vibe in general. With that said the hotel was overbooked but I did get a very good and very quiet corner room. Room was spacious but a long walk to elevator with luggage. Shuttle to airport was prompt both leaving on trip and reentry. Will try Westin next door the next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I enjoyed our overnight stay here, just couple of small issues. One, the parking was tricky, ended up having to park in a no parking zone, just told the front desk that we had no choice. Other issue is there is no restaurant on site...more like a small cafeteria area. Pool was lovely and beds super comfy. Best blackout blinds ever!!! slept in til 9:15!!, usually up before 7am. Go into Burlingame for dinner, lots of options there and isnt too far a drive.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

my boyfriend and I stayed here when we visited SF we met this amazing girl Nateasha (sorry for the spelling) we had booked a room on the first floor and we didn't like it we just requested her for a change and she immediately changed it with no problem and gave us third floor. she took her time and gave us ideas on the places to visit and things to do and never got tired of our one million questions. the room décor is nice the room service people were professional they kept the rooms really clean and being OCD I was able to stay there comfortably they have free coffee cups and free water bottle which is amazing . the bar was great Greg made me the most amazing sex on the beach cocktail he mingled with us talked to us and made us feel at home generally the staff is incredibly pleasant and friendly and ready to help we loved our stay at aloft but the only problem was the packing lot we were really frustrated we couldn't find any packing after 10pm and they charged us 20 freaking dollars a night but apart from that its manageable affordable place to stay when you are using cabs only. love it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I actually got this place through Hotwire and I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, quiet and I especially loved the bathroom and toiletries! The airport is close by and shuttle was prompt. I also thought the breakfast was great...I especially loved the breakfast burrito! The staff was also very helpful and VERY FRIENDLY. I was traveling on business and didn't have my dog with me but this place is probably the most dog friendliest place I have ever seen!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

For a moderately priced hotel by the airport, the facility is fine. It is a newly remodeled version of where another hotel had been for years. It is spic and span and actually quite nice in a eclectic/modern way and in a bit of bare bones way. But, BEWARE BEWARE, at check in they dropped a very sleazy bombshell on me of a horrendous parking fee that was nowhere mentioned when I made my reservation online, nor was it in my email confirmation. And parking is not that abundant. Even the Westin, which is right next door to this Aloft, has a lower fee. And some hotels do not charge at all. I have stayed at the afore mentioned Westin many many times and I would say it is better in every way even though it has been there for many years. I guess that is why it is still there after many years. This was my first stay at any Aloft so I cannot say if this one is typical or not.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!