“Excellent Customer Service and Prime Location!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Norcross, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service and Prime Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My stay at this hotel was absolutely wonderful! The hotel provides excellent customer service! The location was perfect for my vacation! The complimentary shuttle from the airport was very convenient.The breakfast was definitely a great addition to the many positive attributes of the hotel. We were easily able to get to all San Francisco attractions via the Bart just a few blocks away! Joleen at the front desk was extremely nice and helped us find a great thai restaurant across the street! (Thai Stix ) Our room was very cozy and relaxing This hotel will definitely be my first choice for all future visits to San Francisco!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I had a bad experience at this hotel last Thursday.

Positives:

The hotel was in a good location in Millbrae. A shuttle runs to the airport about every half hour. There are a lot of eating places within easy walking distance (we recommend The Fiddler's Green, Irish pub, just across the street).

Negatives:

After checking in about 4 PM, I tried to use my IPad to connect to the WiFi. After many tries, I just couldn't get it to work. Following the suggested procedure, I called technical support via a button on the hotel phone. I was 45 minutes with the tech support, without resolution. I did discover that I could connect if I was near the door of my room, but not on on the side near the bed and windows (where I wanted to use the connection). The tech guy said he would contact the front desk and that those folks could then call me with suggestions - including possibly changing our room. I waited 10 minutes, then went down to the desk & asked the young lady if she'd heard from the tech person. "Yes", she said. "But we can't offer you another room because we're full". I said it was disappointing not to have access to WiFi as expected. With a pasted-on smile, she replied, in a perfunctory matter, "Sorry about that" - and asked the next customer to approach the desk. She displayed no empathy.... none...

Then I tried to print boarding passes for our flight on the equipment in the lobby. The printer didn't work - and indicated it was out of toner. "We've got it on order - it'll be in tomorrow", I was told. Same young lady, to her credit, printed them up for me using the office computer and printer.

Our flight was changed the next morning by the airline - so I needed new boarding passes. New lady behind the counter. She somewhat reluctantly agreed to attempt to print them up for me using office equipment. While I was waiting, another guest asked about making a copy. She was told she could use the lobby's printer, but that "it might not make a very good copy because the toner is low". I helpfully told the guest "it won't make any copy at all". I was given a resentful glance by the staff member. The reader must trust me when I say that, in all communications with the staff of this hotel, I spoke in a calm and respectful manner. In the meantime, the computer behind the desk was hanging up, and I was never able to reprint our boarding passes.

So... WiFi did not work properly, the lobby's printer had been allowed to run out of toner with no replacement on site, the office's computer would not properly navigate the airline's site (I was told "We've been having some problems with it"), and I found the two staff members I'd come in contact with to be unsympathetic... at best. In addition, on the floor of our room I found a candy wrapper on the floor by our bed, and a single slipper and shoe box under the small sofa.

This place is not managed well, and the staff is not customer oriented. I am not hard to please, but Fairfield Inn & Suites in Millbrae left us feeling resentful. Over the years, I've found Marriott properties to be very well run. In our experience, this was an exception.

I know not everyone can be pleased, and that some folks are unreasonable. But, in reading over previous negative reviews, I've noted that even the management's responses to these reviews tend to be defensive rather than apologetic... which reinforces our own experience with the staff.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was okay. I was expecting a whole lot more given the price per night. It was very close to the highway and the airport so I was happy about that as well. There is a bart that is about 2 blocks away and will take you all the way to the pier. It was very easy to get to the airport and the pier since we rented a car and we didnt seem to be that far away from everything. Rooms were clean and breakfast was free. I was expecting a little more for the price but all in all it was okay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As if $219 a night wasn't bad enough, I also had the pleasure of having the night clerk hang up on me while I was reporting a noisy neighbor at 2:30 a.m. I will not be back. The rooms are small and very narrow. Not comfortable at all. Thankfully it was one night. Parking is $9.95 a night. Taco Bell right next door for a quick dinner.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Janice250, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites SFO, we would like to thank-you for your stay and comments. We will research your complaint. We take guest service very seriously, and our hotel is known for its spacious and quiet rooms. In fact, all of our rooms have a separate sleeping and living area with two televisions and a microwave and refrigerator in each room. Our rates are very competitive with other hotels that have a similar level of quality. As there are other cheaper hotels in the market, these hotels do not have the quality and amenities that our hotel offers.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Located in Milbrae a very nice community with shopping, food, etc in walking distance to the hotel. It is quiet for its close proximity to the airport. Rooms are nice, big and clean, parking is available on sight for a reasonable amount. A complementary shuttle is available to the airport. There is a spa available but no pool.

Room Tip: Higher floor on back side of hotel
Granite Bay, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We checked in on a warm night for a two-night stay and were greeted by a nearly surly desk clerk. We were told that, even though there is a parking lot/garage for the hotel we would have to park on the street. It was not possible to find a parking place until we were two blocks away.

Then we got to our room on an unusually warm even only to find that the air conditioning was not on. I looked for the thermostat and read the directions, pushed every button I thought I was directed to push and nothing happened. I called the surly clerk and told him that the "thermostat" does not seem to work. He said, "Did you turn it on?" I explained that I tried everything the instructions said to do, but had no luck. He said he would send someone who surprisingly arrived within a couple of minutes.

The maintenance man went directly to the unit AC unit not the thermostat and informed me that the thermostat was not connected. He fiddled and adjusted the unit and got the air conditioning to work . . . for a few minutes. I called the desk again and the same maintenance man returned, fiddled with the unit again, and apparently got it working again. He assured me that it would run all night and that I would have no more problem with it.

We went to bed and I was awakened a couple of hours later because the room was hot, muggy, and extremely uncomfortable. I looked at the running unit and felt warm air blowing from it. The maintenance man had merely turned the fan on instead of actually fixing the AC unit. In my book telling me it was fixed was an outright lie.

The next night we were lucky enough to find a parking place at the front of the hotel, but had a bit of difficulty getting into it as we had to "jockey: around a couple of police cars because they were confronting a woman who looked a lot like a hooker. Nice security in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire staff at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites SFO, we would like to thank-you for your stay and comments. We will research the issue concerning the broken air-conditioning unit. However, we respectfully disagree that our maintenance person lied to you. This individual has been with the hotel for over five years and is known for both hid honesty and sincerity. If the unit was not producing cold air at the time that he was in your room, it would have been known to all parties present. Unfortunately, machinery does go out from time to time without notice despite the fact that the hotel does adhere to a very strict preventative maintenance program. Further, we will research your complaint regarding parking since the hotel does have an underground parking for a nominal charge. We hope that you will return to give us another opportunity to earn your business.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a very quick trip here after landing at SFO. Complimentary shuttle to and from the airport is nice, and the free breakfast is a nice touch as well. Rooms are large and clean, typical for a Fairfield. Would recommend for a quick stayover while in transit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!