WHAT A DUMP! Stayed in the motel for 2 long nights. We couldn't sleep the 1st night as our sinuses were too irritated from the mildew & musty smell with no air circulating, as no air conditioning or fan. We thought about forfeiting the money & going somewhere else but was already dark so decided to stick it out. Fortunately the quite used rodent trap under the bed was empty when we noticed it the next morning! The sparse furniture was old & broken down, the door lock was partially broken & the door chain was hanging by 1 loose screw (the room next door didn't even have a chain). The kitchenette that you pay $10 extra for is an area with a board over a small fridge (that was quite loud when cycling on) with a small microwave (that took over 2 min. to partially heat up some pizza) & a small coffee maker with 2 cups & a partial roll of paper towel. The sound from adjacent rooms comes through loud & clear so we really didn't appreciate hearing the lovemaking of the 2 men in the next room! Cars are parked close to the doors, so with the windows open to get some air, there was a lot of noise from cars, the road (which is close by) & people early in the morning. My wife thought it sounded like a rooming house! We were bothered by the wasps when we sat outside of our room. It's called a resort but there is only a horseshoe pit & a pin-pong table. There are some broken down cabins behind the motel that they call "chalets" that they rent out & an area for RVs & tents in the back (with no apparent outhouse for campers). There is a restaurant (where you get ice for the room from the beverage dispenser). On the upside, the people working there were nice (but why not?...they got our money) & it's close to Lassen. My wife, who is a public health dept. director, reported this place to the Tehema County Health Dept. for multiple code violations. Unfortunately they said that they only regulate restaurants with no regulation or inspections of lodging they so could only tell the owner about her anonymous complaints. The best bet for this place is for the forest fire close by to burn it down!
- Also Known As:
- Childs Meadow Hotel Mill Creek