“Could not sleep here cause of noisy animal in bathroom” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Muir Lodge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Midpines
Muir Lodge Motel
Save Saved
You added Muir Lodge Motel to your Saves list
6833 State Route 140, Midpines, CA 95345   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Midpines
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Could not sleep here cause of noisy animal in bathroom”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

It was hard to find a motel, so we where happy to find a place wich was not fully booked.

That night we had a bad sleep, because there was a noisy animal under the bad in the bathroom, which was 'eating' the pipeline. This noise could be used in a horror movie...

The next morning i made a gentle complain about this, but the chinese looking older manager called Michael K. Han became mad on me, and started speaking rude to me.

People, do not go here... It was the only 'bad experience' during our 3 weeks USA holiday.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

During the night we heared some sort of animal in the bathroom, that even kept me out of sleep, and made me a little bit scary.... The noise was loud, and was just like a huge animal came out of the bad...

The next day I tried to explain this in a gentle way to the chinese manager, but he was not in a good mood and started yelling at me, and said that i had to leave his property as soon as possible.

Conclusion: 80 dollars for such a place is to much, and please give this manager lessons in how to treath customer in a normal way....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pismo Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I saw this place as I drove past on my way into Yosemite NP, and decided to stop by for a look on my exit outta the park. I was truly hoping to find a 'deal' since I had just spent a 4 day holiday weekend camping in the high country. The man at the trash dumpster, slowly walked toward the office and greeted me w/ a 'what do you want kinda attitude'. I asked about the $29 rooms and he yelled from across the dirty parking lot - no $29 rooms left, all sold out, price is $79 tonight. There were maybe 2 other cars in the parking lot and I could only see one other couple staying there. The place looked very run down and I was going to ask to see a room, but did not feel welcomed, nor that the place was worth the rate he was asking. I pulled over in front to snap a few photos, for your viewing pleasure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Upon arrival at the Muir Lodge, we were greeted by an old man behind a counter. We politely asked him if it would be okay to check out the rooms before we stayed here. He yelled, "YOU THINK THIS IS 29 DOLLAR HOTEL? IT'S 109". The Mariposa Visitor's center, which was very nice and had very good information for us, told us to stay here, and they even confirmed with the old man, Michael, that the cost would be 99 dollars. Since when does seeing a room cost 10 dollars? DO NOT COME HERE. The rooms are disgusting, there are insects, and they have televisions with one channel.

On the website, Michael listed that he was selling this dump for 3 million dollars. I'd buy it for 5 dollars.

Room Tip: Do not come here.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Room was very dirty, there was some catterpiler like creture in the room.owner was rude
for the complain. I advise member to stay away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
sunnyvale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not recommeding to anyone, not because of how bad from inside of room but their owner michael is very rude and treating like we are stupids. we booked room for the rate of 88 and when we reached there they chaged to 99$ and when we asked why they told us """Go out dont stand here". these were the words of the owner - MIchael.. he is very old guy and we thought it was like racist behaviour.

At night at the entry there is no any lights to check how to come-in to Muir lodge. Risky on mountain road.

They have no respect for customers.. Now I know why they want to sell this place.

Horrible experience. We have to stayed there because we were not getting rooms in these busy summer weekends.

Carpet smells a lot.. they have Wi-fi but just for name sake. never worked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

The sign out front lured us into a budget motel. The price for two was almost double. We were told the electric heater would warm the room. This was the coldest night of my life. This place is worse than budget. I have stayed at many low end motels. This was the worst.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Muir Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!