“Fulfilling The Dream of a Life Time” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Middletown
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Crazy Creek Air Adventures has been providing unique, exhilarating adventure ride experiences for over 40 years. We launch from our home at the Middletown Gliderport, in Lake County, situated in the greater Napa Valley Wine Country.Incredible views and colorful rural vistas showcase vineyards, the largest natural fresh water lake in California, geothermal steam clouds produced by nearby geysers, and even the remnants of an ancient volcano.Soar above it all in a sleek glider plane. Flying conditions are superb year-round. Get away from it all as you soar high above the panoramic scenery, with a breathtaking view few others can enjoy. It’s the Adventure of a Lifetime, something you will be talking about for years to come! Call for reservations.
Walnut Creek, California
“Fulfilling The Dream of a Life Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My Dad has always wanted to go for a glider ride. So he asked for this for his birthday. I liked the location and the info I had read about Crazy Creek on line and so booked a reservation. He absolutely loved doing this and has continued to tell everyone he knows about his flight. It has fulfilled this Dream. Crazy Creek is a family operation and they couldn't be nicer. They were so great to my Dad. If you have a dream to do this, this is the place to do it. I personally am afraid of heights, but they way he described his flight has me thinking I might do it some day.
Did I mention that my Dad turned 94 on this Birthday!!!!

Visited July 2013

middletown, ca
“A Great Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I often have guests staying at my B&B, Backyard Garden Oasis, who go on a glider ride. Every one comes back telling me of their great experience and simply exuding enthusiasm. What a great opportunity to early an eagle-eyed view of Northern California Wine Country

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Bucket List Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Gliding was something I've wanted to do for a long time, but it took a suggestion from my wife to actually follow through on this desire. She wanted something "different" for her birthday and her powered glider ride in Cabo triggered a wish to do something similar. Following up on this suggestion, I found Crazy Creek A A by a simple search.

Connie and Jim were great and very hospitable. Connie proved to be a very skilled glider pilot and provided a memorable experience for both of us. She performed some very graceful maneuvers and added a bit of excitement, but never crossed over into the discomfort zone.

This is a highly recommended adventure!

Visited May 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
“Should be on your "Bucket List"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First, my expectations for this was set pretty high. As somewhat of an adrenaline junkie, I like trying thing that make some be go "say what!". So when I told my friends that we going gliding, I got the "say what" from some of them. Second, all my expectations for this were greatly exceeded.

You will not find better hosts than Jim and Connie. They make you feel so comfortable when you arrive. Jim started off by telling us..."We have some bad news"...we were like OK we came all the way from Louisiana to do this, the weather was absolutely gorgeous so what???...then he said you will have to fly with Connie and not him :-). Cute Jim!!...Thanks a lot. Well nothing could be further from the truth. Connie was great, got us buckled in, and up we went. Once we were towed up we flew and then were released! That was awesome! Then we flew around the area taking in the scenery and several photographs..and getting the tour from Connie about the area. Then Connie let us experience some of what a glider can do...a couple "wing overs" and a stall which for us was just too cool!

Bottom line is this...if you don't have taking a glider ride on your bucket list...add it! And take the trip to Middletown for an experience you will never forget.

Thanks for the memory Jim and Connie!

Visited September 2012
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Man what a ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

If you have ever thought about going on a glider ride go here! Jim and Connie are really wonderful people, and they take you on a most amazing ride! Take the longest ride they offer, because the time just flies by! We enjoyed every minute of it! Bob and Linda, San Luis Obispo, Ca.

Visited September 2012