“Life affirming and life changing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B
You added Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B to your Saves list
16235 Roberts Road, Middletown, CA 95461 (Formerly Spirit Springs Retreat and B&B)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Middletown B&B and Inns
Redwood City, California
“Life affirming and life changing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I highly recommend Sacred Springs if you are seeking a place to unwind and connect on a spiritual level. Anjay and his team of healers are all outstanding. The retreats are structured just enough to allow for plenty of healing sessions and plenty of time to be alone. The care and love put into the food preparation shines through and I never felt hungry or deprived. I spent 10 days at the retreat - 7 at Four Springs - a rustic but charming retreat with simple sweet cabins and the last 3 days at the "old" retreat - essentially a charming creekside duplex by Anjay's house in a very private setting. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My 60th birthday gift from my loving family was a 5 day stay at Sacred Springs, a perfect match for me. I am ending my marriage and growing/moving my business, at 90 miles an hour for a long time. Although I've had a healing life coach for guidance, I hit a brick wall. I needed to be fed nourishing, cleansing food, sleep long hours, unplug, read, dance, walk, yoga, meditate and my body needed holistic healing. I also needed to walk naked into Harbin Hot Springs! I found the missing peace to my life puzzle with the help of those at Sacred Springs and now I can move forward in my recreation. What a wonderful moment in my life, thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had a very stressful year and this was the ticket.
Great scenery, quiet, mediation, cleansing, and what more to you want.
My 12 best things were:
The best things I like about the retreat: (in order of importance)
1) Breathwork-Individual and group were outstanding.
2) Massages
3) Watching the spiritual film after dinner with the group. It felt very nice.
4) The water fall hike. It was very refreshing.
5) The neighborhood cat. I almost took him home with me and he was sad to see me to go then.
6) The Library-I could spend a week in that room.
7) The New Year Eve soak
8) The Temple Yoga
9) The babbling brook at the retreat
10) New Year Eve Dinner
11) All the Food was excellent.
12) Being with nature.

Room Tip: Get a room away from all the activity near the kitchen cabin.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went to Sacred Springs tired and stressed out. It had everyhing I could ask for being in nature, a juice cleanse, the daily yoga and exercise and great body work sessions. I left feeling so renewed and amazing. I have found that after several weeks I am still keeping up all the good habits I gained from my trip. I highly recommend the personal retreat to relax, renew and get your life back on track!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Being envious of my boyfriends recent surf trip, I realized that I had never treated myself to a nice get away. I started to look for retreats that were not too far away from the city and found Sacred Springs Retreat. It had everything I was looking for, activities like yoga and hiking, clean food and juice fast and time to reflect inward with meditation. It was easy to make my reservation and off I went. Little did I know what I would find was more than I could ever hope for.
Anjay and his gifted healers provided a safe and nurturing environment that helped to facilitate inner peace and reuinting with my true self.

There was plenty of time for myself to absorb the experience and surroundings, and there was time to be part of the community of other retreaters on the compound.
I truely felt like I could let go and be vulnerable to show up for what the day would bring.
I highly recommend Sacred Springs.
lisa

Room Tip: make sure to bring a journal and carry it with you to breakfast to get your daily schedule of servic...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
West End
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very cool place. A must if you are wanting to get serious about yourself and your potential.

I'm a young mother of two and rarely take the time to take care of myself and do the things I know I need to do for me. When my kids left for two weeks I searched for a place where I could focus solely on myself and be surrounded by loving people with a holistic mindset. I searched tons of retreats and this was the one that called to me.. (its worth mentioning that I live in NC and this was probably the furthest retreat out there, but it still won!)

I took the shuttle from SFO to Sonoma Co and then Anjay picked me up from there. The shuttle and car ride was quite pleasant and a very easy commute from SFO.

The natural landscape of the area is beautiful. Huge fantastic trees, orchards, and meadows. The retreat is down a long driveway so you are in the middle of the woods, completely detached from the world. The cabins are spread out all over. They are simple, yet comfortable and clean. I shared a bath with another lady. It was great for us. We spent some time conversing on our porch and enjoyed our alone time as well.

The weather (early August) was perfect. Never too hot. One morning it was chilly. But long sleeves and vest with pants was fine. The cabin was always comfortable. The water in the pool was a little cold but manageable . ( the heated pool for watsu is at anjay's home -the former retreat center- a few minutes away by car)

The landscaping is very natural and basic. Very raw. For me, it was a reminder to accept things for what they are and not always try to perfect everything.

The food was fantastic. I've been making Raw/Vegan meals since I got home. There was a soup that was too spicy for my preference, but everything else was great. And I always felt full.

The group yoga, kundalini, qigong, and meditation were nice. The yoga is very easy. Mediation was not too long and was partially guided to get you into it.

The best part was the private sessions. Breathwork is incredibly simple but very powerful. A cut to the chase solution to address those partially hidden thoughts that tug at you and hold you back. The practitioners are so warm and loving that its easy to let your defenses down. You feel supported and safe. Reflexology is so much more that than. That may have been my favorite part of the trip. Ghania is awesome. She uncovered some deep issues for me, that I've been bringing light to daily. My massage was done by the Reiki practitioner so it was better than a regular massage. Its so nice when you know they are using intuitive guidance to work on you, not just a check list procedure they learned in school.

If you get the sessions be prepared to cry a little. But its a good cry. Stuff that needs to come out will come out. You may fill a little exhausted at times, but then you feel so much lighter. And the light feeling is what stays.

Go if you can. Its worth the time and its worth the cost.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine. "child born of water" has a shared bath and deck. it was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The week I spent as Sacred Springs is one of the best experiences I have ever had and it has made a lasting impact in my life. I was quite stressed, burned out and tired before I went to Sacred Springs. After one week, I came back to my "regular life" refreshed, much more relaxed, happier and healthier from the inside/out. I chose to do the basic retreat with raw food and then added a different healing therapy session each day (on website), including Clarity Breathwork/Spiritual Counseling, Massage, Compassionate Communication, Structural Integration Bodywork, Watsu and Foot Reflexology. In each session, I benefitted physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The therapists and staff are excellent and each contributed to my overall healing. In a gentle, supportive and direct manner - I learned a lot about myself that is useful and I was able to let go of old patterns and establish better practices that lasted when I came back (-the real test of a good retreat). Anjay is very warm, authentic, compassionate, helpful and conscientious. He is an excellent guide and spiritual teacher. I felt safe and able to really let go and receive. Ashley is amazing chef and the raw food is really delicious and helped me learn how to eat differently. The grounds are also beautiful and offer several paths to walk in forested hills surrounding the center. I am very grateful for this experience and plan to return annually. This is the best gift I gave to myself in many years and I recommend it to anyone who needs to make "a shift". Michelle - San Francisco

Room Tip: The cabins are rustic and private. I enjoyed having quiet time to reflect. It had the basic necess...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B? Share your experiences!