“An experience I will cherish for the rest of my life.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B
You added Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B to your Saves list
15498 Sheveland Rd, Middletown, CA 95461 (Formerly Spirit Springs Retreat and B&B)   |
Special Offer
Retreat Packages
Ranked #1 of 3 Middletown B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“An experience I will cherish for the rest of my life.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place truly changed my life. It helped me through a difficult emotional time, as well transformed me physically! The people are so warm and caring, the environment is so calming and beautiful, I really didn't want to leave! I highly recommend this to anyone that is seeking some solitude, re-centering, time to heal, and a healthy detox! If I were able, I would go to Sacred Springs once a year for the rest of my life. It truly was one of the best gifts I have ever given myself. Hands down. Happy soul searching! Namaste~

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I enjoyed a 5 day Holistic Raw Food Personal Retreat at Sacred Springs during Thanksgiving week. The location is beautiful with rolling hills, majestic mountains, fresh air and water, giant trees, and personal cabins. Sacred Springs offers you an individualized experience to focus on healing and the transformative process of discovering your true self.The focus on body (daily yoga, hiking opportunities, raw food or juicing, infrared sauna) as well as the mind (twice daily meditation, clarity breathwork opportunities, book and dvd resources) provides a nurturing and supportive environment for self growth and awareness. I returned home feeling positive, open, grounded, and prepared to live my life with awareness and presence.

laguna beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at Sacred Springs for 10 days. The environment was terrific with beautiful mountains,fresh air and and giant trees surrounding the grounds.. Much individual time was dedicated to creating a healthful life style. Juicing was part of my program with emphasis on learning the basics of good nutrition.I learned yoga, deep breathing exercises and meditation which have added so much to my transformation into a much healthier and happier person. The staff is so professional and takes great interest in the physical and emotional well being of each guest. Much attention is focused on empowering the individual with life sustaining skills and to increasing spiritual connection with our higher power.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What do you really need in life? Clean air. Clean water. Clean food. Shelter which is a little more than just a function. Movement. Nurturing presence of people who help you to connect to yourself, to others and to the Source. Most of these аre hard to find, and it is highly unlikely to find all of these in one place. Yet the Sacred Springs retreat is such place. The air here tastes so good - it is the cleanest air in California (third cleanest in the US). The woods on the hilly landscape are unusually tranquil and serene. The stillness of the woods itself invites meditation and there are many good places here to meditate, indoors and outdoors. Informal personal care of excellent healing and bodywork practitioners. The retreat takes advantage of the access to many practitioners who work at a much larger nearby retreat of Harbin Hot Springs and who are usually available to you at a 24 hour notice. That's why such small retreat can unexpectedly offer almost any kind of bodywork and energy work by a variety of highly skilled practitiones. An incredible degree of presence and attunement strikingly distinguishes those who worked on me here from the ones I experienced before. If you are here on a healing retreat, expect a meaningful change in yourself.

The original cabins were built in the 50s by three women - a psychologist, an astrologist and a writer. Cabins are simple and comfortable, each has a full bathroom. The place was used for the seminars on psychology, religion and art. All the buildings remained pretty much the same and are full of character. As you enter the library, for example, a fairly large cabin, the time here seem to have frozen in the sixties. It is a real, well-stocked and up-to-date library for serious scholars of psychology and spirituality of the time, with comfortable places to read, a fireplace, a huge desk in the central room and a friendly, fluffy cat. My cabin was the original cabin of the psychologist Elisabeth Howes. It has a small bookshelf with books from her personal library, one inscribed for her on Christmas 1921.

This place is not for those looking for the standard spa packages and the noisy presence of modern frills. Life here is stripped to those essential basics which are so sorely lacking for most of us. However, if you are reading this a year or more from the time of this writing, there is probably a newly built main lodge available to you. The original lodge has burned down and is going to be rebuilt.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is the real deal, not a spa with personal development elements.
It would suit you if you need a place to rest, recover and heal which has a spiritual underpinning.
Spirit Springs is small and so you feel very individually looked after, and there is freedom to plan your days. My room by the creek was perfect, big enough to spend time in, and at the same time very homelike. The facilities are comfortable but not luxurious, and meals are taken all at the one table, there are nice walks in the surrounding countryside.
What makes it special is the quality of the therapists and the integrity of the place - it really is made with the intention of promoting healing and growth for those who stay there. The food is absolutely delicious, and there is enough comfort & freedom for it not to feel austere , but at the same time, it is a good place to focus and the therapies all have that in mind. The breathwork is particularly wonderful in gently releasing unhelpful mental patterns.
I was there for 7 days in early February, and left feeling healthier, lighter in mind and spirit, with much more energy and clarity. It was exactly what I needed and I feel very grateful for the experience .
I would highly recommend Spirit Springs & will probably return next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We love this retreat! So relaxing and healing - the raw food really cleansed our bodies and the people there are able to help with emotional and physical issues. What a wonderful break from all the craziness of everyday life!

Room Tip: I like the cottage with the bath tub
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Big Sky, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

In late November my wife and I spent 3 weeks with Andrzej and everyone Spirit Springs. We were suffering over the recent loss of our youngest son and arrived broken in body, mind and spirit.

It turned out that this retreat was just what we needed to move toward healing ourselves and restoring our health.

The retreat is in a small and lovely wooded setting, very peaceful and quiet, our cabin by the creek was perfect for our stay. Overall our experience there was fun, relaxing, educational, uplifting, and enlightening.

Our morning sessions of yoga and meditation, breathing exercises, and relaxation were wonderful. We also had a lot of counseling with Andrzej, which was so helpful to us. Through our meditation sessions and breath work with Andrzej we were able to heal our minds and learn of ways to deal and cope with our emotions, our stresses, and our anxieties.

We were able to experience other healthy therapy treatments such as massages, foot reflexology, ionic foot baths, acupuncture, or colonics. All of which aided us to detox and restore our physical health and mental clarity.

The food and juices were wonderful. Each day we were able to experience something new in a raw food and were amazed at how good raw food is. We also had the opportunity to take a class in the kitchen with Krystal, which was a fun experience.

We found excellent hiking in the area and spent our afternoons taking long hikes ending with wonderful soaks at Harbin Hot Springs. If we found ourselves wanting to get out before lunch Holly would surprise us with packed lunches. It was great.

We felt so relaxed and at home with Andrzej and the others there. We are in gratitude to everyone at Spirit Springs for making us feel welcome and for helping us with our healing.

The morning that we departed we felt so much better mentally and physically, however sad to say goodbye to Anjrzej and Holly for they had become friends. We hope to return again.

Rick & Michelle

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B? Share your experiences!