“good food-great service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Merced, California
“good food-great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been going to Paul's for many years. A clean and very friendly atmosphere plus good, down to earth food. My wife and I can't eat as much as we used to, especially me, and we can always share a meal there, no problem and no 'extra charge', very helpful. I have coffee there every Thursday morning with a neighbor, great coffee, I think it's the best I have ever had in town! [I do wish they had morning donuts, good with coffee,] All the employees are really nice, always attentive and quick to check on everyone's possible needs.

Visited October 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I love any place that will serve me lunch during breakfast. Ordered the California burger. It was big and I could only eat half. I chose soup over fries as my side order. The Wedding Soup was light and nicely flavored. I ate the whole cup.

My son had breakfast and he had no issue with the pancakes.

The server and bus boy were pleasant and efficient. The owner very nice. It was mobbed when we left. Ladies room could have been a bit cleaner and fresher.

Good thing I have a GPS. Sort of tricky for an out of towner to find.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manhattan Kansas
“Homestyle Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not fancy inside, but clean with good home-cooked food. I ordered meatloaf and it was easily enough for two meals. We split peach pie that was fabulous. If you are looking for simple homestyle food (no trendy stuff here) this is a great choice. Good service; good food; good price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mendocino, California, United States
“visiting family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

When I come to Merced where my family lives, we usually hit Pauls. I live in Mendocino, world renowned for overated restaurants, also overpriced and spotty disapointing! I wish we had a comfy, honest place up here with consistently good food and fair prices.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Average food, friendly staff, cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

While in Merced, locals may recommend Pauls Place for a "great meal". It is kind of a locals place for hamburgers, sandwiches and such. The staff is friendly diner style service. The prices very reasonable but the food is just average or what you'd expect. The breakfast is the best bet. When ever you go there will be lots of people and you will get lots of food. If you like chicken fingers and fries or a good order of pan cakes, stop by.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere