“Affordable with a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   730 Motel Dr, Merced, CA 95341 (Formerly Comfort Inn Merced)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Columbus, Ohio
“Affordable with a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Merced for two nights. It is in a great location, close to everything. The hot breakfast was very nice with lots of choices. The room was average and looks like it hasn't been updated in a while, but it was clean. There is free wi-fi in the room and a desk. You can hear a lot of freeway noise from the room, but if you turn on the air conditioner/fan you don't notice it. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. If you want a nice clean affordable place to stay the night in Merced the Comfort Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I want to thank your kind comments we apperciate comments from our travelers. I am glad that you liked our breakfast, and that everything was convenient for you. We hope that you have the chance to stay with us in the future As the Manager of Comfort Inn Merced, please know that you are welcome here ANYTIME!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in Nay 2012. $74/night/king incl. taxes. Prepaid Choice member. Regular rates probably $10-15 higher. But still one of the best values in Merced.

PROs
Easy access to and from freeway 99.
Excellent breakfast:: scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, 3 cereals, fruits, yogurts, toasts, muffins, coffees, teas 6am -10am
Rooms clean and reasonabley well maintained with desk, bedtables, chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc.
Carrows breakast, lunch, dinner resaurant on site with 10% discount to Comfort In guests.
Coffee and fruit always available in lobby
One day pass to local fitness center
CONs
Noise from freeway sometimes seeps into rooms.
Small swimming pool, hot tub, both luke warm
Maid service and desk service not exceptional. Asked for a 2nd luggage rack and never delivered to room. Coffee in room not replaced.
Wifi sometimes slow and fades

Room Tip: Ground floor best, at rear away from freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for your comments we look forward to hearing from our guest, I am glad you found everything to be conveniently located and you enjouyed our breakfast. We look forward to you and your family staying with us in the future. Thank you again Samantha Goodman the General manager of the Comfort Inn.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This motel is horrible. First off, the room I was put in first was on the first floor with a window looking out towards a dirty, trash-filled, overgrown field and it also reeked of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. I noticed the window was a bit open so I went to close it into lock position and quickly realized it didn't even lock! I gathered up the stuff I had brought into the room and went back to the lobby to ask to be moved. The front desk staff offered to move me to the third floor, which at least gave me a little peace of mind that no one could come through my window even if it didn't lock. The first thing I noticed going into the second room was that I could hear entire conversations of the room next door...there is hardly any noise insulation between the rooms. The rooms are filled with extremely outdated furnishings and colors. However, the most annoying part of the rooms are the motion sensor light switches. All the ceiling lights are motion activated with no button to keep them on the whole time. Sometimes I would be sitting on my bed trying to get some work done and because I was relatively still the lights would all turn off. Extremely frustrating to have to get up to turn the lights on over and over again. Also, the first night I went to heat something up in the microwave and realized that where they had the microwave placed in the room it couldn't reach the outlet! I called to the front desk to ask if they had an extension cord for it to which they replied they didn't and couldn't I place it somewhere else in the room?!?! Firstly, it's not my job to rearrange the room to make sure the appliances are in places they work, but secondly, the only place it could (even barely) reach an outlet was on the ground! Every time I have wanted to heat something up I have to sit on the ground to see the timer. Completely ridiculous. The shower is dirty, the toilet runs constantly, the linens(sheets, blankets, and towels) are completely of a substandard quality, and the breakfast is missing half of what it should have. If I would have known what I was getting into with this hotel, I would have for sure spent the extra $25-$30/night it costs to stay at one of the nicer chain hotels in this town.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with us here in Merced. We here at the Comfort Inn do our best to strive for excellence in every aspect of guest satisfaction and when we receive a comment like yours we like to take it as an opportunity to seek improvement.

I sincerely hope that you return to our property and give us a chance to show you we really have to offer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

THeres nothing more wonderful then after a long road trip to get to a nice comfortable hotel and put your feet up and relax. However finding that right hotel may have been difficult UNTIL NOW! The Comfort Inn was Wonderful. Clean rooms, wifi, comfortable beds and a great friendly staff. Wait! the best is yet to come. THEY HAVE A FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST that will satisfy anyone. Its a great choice if you ever are in the merced area I recommend Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2012
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
First off, I want to thank you for such kind words from travelers. I am extreamly happy to know that you liked our breakfast! We enjoy helping people during their travels. As the Manager of Comfort Inn Merced, please know that you are welcome here ANYTIME!

Have a safe trip!
crazyt1020
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stay at the Merced Comfort Inn weekly for business, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have stayed in just about every "non-scary" hotel in Merced over the past decade but it's the staff and service that has made me loyal to the Comfort Inn since 2009. Back then, the place wasn't much to look at and offered few amenities, but the staff made up for it in spades. Now, you can get a good, hot breakfast every morning, rooms that are clean and functional, and the staff is even better than ever before. They care about the hotel and they care about their occupants.

If you're a health-conscious traveler like me, this is definitely the place to stay. How many times have you been at a hotel that advertises free continental breakfast and you wonder on exactly which continent people eat calorie-laden pastries, juice, coffee and muffins for breakfast? The Comfort Inn takes it to the next level. Sure, there are DIY waffles and packaged pastries for the young and young at heart, but you'll also get eggs, yogurt and other sources of protein. This is the only place I stay at in the Merced area that doesn't force me to forage for a paid breakfast elsewhere.

Try it, and I promise you will like it. Like any hotel, don't leave your valuables in your car and do your best to park by the lobby entrance for convenience and peace of mind. The hotel is right off the freeway, and Merced doesn't invest in the fancy sound barriers other communities put around their highways. I've never had an issue with the road noise or the trains, but if you're a light sleeper, pack earplugs.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the quietest available room; she/he will honestly tell you what to expect.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visit from the San Francisco area and stay at the Comfort Inn Merced, I really enjoy the Breakfast in the morning, I never thought that Comfort Inn offer hot breakfast now but that was good to know and the price was very reasonable the staff was friendly.

I will come back again during my next business trip. Thank you Comfort Inn staff for doing the outstanding Job. well done... keep it up.

Mike

Room Tip: If you are looking value for your dollar and great service then try Comfort Inn Merced
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
"Great breakfast, Great staff"! Those are words that make me as a General Manager SMILE!!! It tickles me to see that my staff is treating our guests the way guests SHOULD be treated! I often joke with guests that the only way the owners could get me up as early as they do was to introduce a filling "healty" breakfast to our guests! Well it worked! And at any time there may be something you would enjoy more, please let us know...we are always trying to find new ways to change up the style at the Comfort Inn Merced!

Hope to see you on your next trip through!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at comfort inn on our way to Yosemite. I was a little weary about staying after reading a few reviews but I was wrong. We had excellent service and the rooms were comfortable. There is free wifi and free hot breakfast which was nice not to have to make another stop on our trip. The girls at this hotel are very hospitable and are great at ensuring your stay is great! Would reccomend to anyone! And we will stay again if ever in the area

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!