“Great Breakfast, Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   730 Motel Dr, Merced, CA 95341 (Formerly Comfort Inn Merced)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Merced
San Francisco, California
“Great Breakfast, Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visit from the San Francisco area and stay at the Comfort Inn Merced, I really enjoy the Breakfast in the morning, I never thought that Comfort Inn offer hot breakfast now but that was good to know and the price was very reasonable the staff was friendly.

I will come back again during my next business trip. Thank you Comfort Inn staff for doing the outstanding Job. well done... keep it up.

Mike

Room Tip: If you are looking value for your dollar and great service then try Comfort Inn Merced
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
"Great breakfast, Great staff"! Those are words that make me as a General Manager SMILE!!! It tickles me to see that my staff is treating our guests the way guests SHOULD be treated! I often joke with guests that the only way the owners could get me up as early as they do was to introduce a filling "healty" breakfast to our guests! Well it worked! And at any time there may be something you would enjoy more, please let us know...we are always trying to find new ways to change up the style at the Comfort Inn Merced!

Hope to see you on your next trip through!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at comfort inn on our way to Yosemite. I was a little weary about staying after reading a few reviews but I was wrong. We had excellent service and the rooms were comfortable. There is free wifi and free hot breakfast which was nice not to have to make another stop on our trip. The girls at this hotel are very hospitable and are great at ensuring your stay is great! Would reccomend to anyone! And we will stay again if ever in the area

• Stayed February 2012
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

After staying at 100's of hotels all over the world, i was unfortunate to stay at The Comfort Inn in Merced, CA. Car was broken into, professional equipment was stolen. GM couldn't care less. Choice Hotels say they cant do a thing, as it is "independantly" owed. Even after ten days, the owner has not responded to any of my calls.
When in Merced, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am very sorry about the unfortunate incident that occured during your stay with us here. Since your stay with us we have installed additional security cameras and are looking into installing fences and other security measures to help all of our guests have peace of mind.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove the worth of our property.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We travel all the time so we've seen Many hotel rooms. The room was clean but we wanted a king sized bed all they had were 2 queen rooms

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Kayla was very helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay great.

• Stayed September 2011
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Unlike the row of other cheap dodgy hotels this was quite nice and clean.
Earplugs offered to block the highway noise (get a room in the far end away from highway)
Good location close to Yosemite and much cheaper than than there (less than half the price).
Very good breakfast!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Well, lets start with a story: You want to go to Yosemite with your family and "overnight" there or very close to it. You get there and you understand that stupidity is an integral part of your decision (it is overbooked and expensive). Then you drive some 50 miles back while cursing yourself for being part of the stupids' association....but you....
Get to Merced to the Comfort Inn where a young sympathetic receptionist greets you for welcome and slowly feel that the overwhelming growing amount of stupidity that was part of your personnality starts to dissolute.....
Then, you ask the usual "how much is a room" question and realize that for much less money you will get now a nice clean room (I said nice and clean but not more). You go to bed and slowly realize (thats probabbly because we arrived there after darkness) that you are going actually to sleep with a backround noise of lets say a "highway patrol officer" because you are very close to the highway were truckers drive thru all night in order to get their load to Frisco....
But it gets better, later on, you realize with great surprise that the Amtrack is also nearby which was how should I say "a thrill". While sleeping I could hear the "choo choo" and blasting horn of the trains which for very peculiar reasons decided during night to run even more intensely on this track.
No doubt that this was a special treat for me: where can you get for some 80 US$ a clean room with a nice breakfast, a free ride with a truck and a ride with a train in your dreams ?! When I checked the window I understood immediately that the answer was simple: the train with the double glased windows didn"t arrive yet to Merced or at least not to this Comfort inn.
So lets summarize: If you like nice clean rooms with a nice breakfast and you're a strong and firm sleeper you got it made for very low bucks, enjoy!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!