“Disapointed” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn Bonus Pts
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Merced
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stay at this Ramada several times a year. And it seems as of lately (the last 4 months or so) that every time we have stayed its gotten worse. We always stay in a King suite because they give us a good rate since we are there so much from traveling. We always call direct to make reservations. Its gotten to where we will only call in the evenings after the Manager has gone home because she is rude. She said they cant offer us discounts no matter how often we show up and she even told me last time that she will make sure her staff knows they are no longer allowed to give special discounts to their customers. That's just rude. But we decided even full price is okay. Until the last couple of times we stayed. The rooms were Filthy. I never wear shoes inside the rooms, and when I put on a clean pair of socks to walk around the room, within an hour the bottoms of my socks were black from the floors. Gross! Also the top bed spread ended up being taken off of our bed and laid on the floor, it was so filthy and tattered that I wasn't even going to consider using it. Half of the light bulbs around the sink and mirror were burnt out. The restroom light did not work at all, so in order to take a shower we had to have the door open and the other lights on. When I let front desk know about the light she said she knows. And nothing was done. Also the walls in the restroom were in serious need of repairs, it looked as if the paint had been scrubbed off the wall in patches. You could see bare drywall and the paint was peeling where it hadn't yet been scrubbed away. This place is in serious need of care and cleaning. And in the mornings and late evenings there are always homeless people in the parking lots bothering people coming and going from their rooms, asking for money or food, asking for cans and bottles. Last time we stayed and went to check out, I waited in the lobby 30 minutes for someone to show up. I stood in there and hollered Hello, with no response. I had seen someone in a room down the hallway cleaning, I asked her if anyone was around so I could check out. She said the manager should be up there, she was no where to be found. She even helped look for her. So I then attempted to call 4 times, let the phone ring and ring hoping someone would answer. As I was finally ready to just leave she shows up to finally check me out. I was so discouraged, my husband and I have decided that our next trip through Merced we will be staying somewhere else from now on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The rooms were nice and clean and the size of the rooms was just right for us. The only issue i had was with the breakfast. The waffle makers were rusty and unclean. The food was placed on an untidy and unclean table.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family