“A nice place with a few rough edges” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Merced
San Francisco, California
“A nice place with a few rough edges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

While I thank all the hysterical reviewers for likely keeping the price down for me at the Ramada Merced with their rants, I really have to say that it is a pretty nice place. The beds are very comfortable, the place is very clean, and the staff is very nice.

The Ramada Merced is decorated like your Grandma's house in a warm, 70s style, but heck, I LIKE visiting my Grandma's house and I feel comfortable there. Most rooms have older tube style TVs, but the cable works fine with plenty of channels. I've stayed there many times, and have had only a couple of glitches, such as missing pillowcases once, missing towels once, but a quick walk to the front desk takes care of that. Then you have your nice, comfortable room, comfortable bed, and comfortable chair to relax in. Most rooms have a fridge as well if you are traveling.

The upsides of this motel? The price is right, the motel is really clean, the rooms and beds comfortable, the staff friendly, and they do provide wifi and breakfast.

The downsides? Well, the wifi can frequently suck a bit and disconnect you. I've talked to them a couple of times about this. It doesn't bug me much, I just turn on my own MiFi internet and surf on. But don't expect to stream video here (which may actually be part of the problem from bandwidth hogs). The breakfast is the typical carb loading you get at 99% of American motels these days, maybe trending toward store brands rather than name brands. You want protein? Take the money you saved and go to Denny's. Or better yet, go to Paul's Place in Merced. I rarely rely on motel/hotel breakfasts.

This place ain't the Ritz, but you ain't payin' $300 either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Riverbank
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Terrible service. Tried to check in for a pre-paid room. No clean rooms available and no guarantee that linens would be clean. 2nd floor ran out of pillow cases. I left - and headed to Comfort Inn. When I got there, they told me that I wasn't the first one to leave the Ramada and come there.

Room Tip: Skip this place. Really.
Riverbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!!! Don't stay here! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! This place not only gave us four dirty rooms, even after we asked to changed, they refused us pillow cases, told us they had no pillow cases, we enquired how they clean the pillows, they told us they couldn't help us, it was ridiculous!! The conditions were deplorable! HORRIBLE!!!!!

Arcadia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Good location, close to the freeway, staffs are very friendly welcome, discount rate, only internet line drop time to time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Merced? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Merced

Address: 2000 East Childs Avenue, Merced, CA 95340
Location: United States > California > Merced
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Merced 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Merced reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Merced
Ramada Inn Merced

If you own or manage Ramada Merced, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.