“Several recent stays for short trips” 3 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Merced North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Merced North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1410 V Street, Merced, CA 95340   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Merced
“Several recent stays for short trips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I first made reservations for this motel online back in August 2013, and I have stayed again 3 additional times in the last month March/April 2014. The regular rooms are very small, as I learned on my first visit. I have since paid for the "suite" on my recent visits because the room is a bit larger and comes with mini fridge/microwave. Room was always clean and acceptable for short stays 1-2 nights. Very noisy location off Hwy 99 and steps away from railroad tracks for light sleepers. Front desk staff was always friendly. My laundry was safe using the on site pay washer and dryer. The vending machines worked fine. The pool was closed due to service being performed. I seen no cockroaches and 2 fleas. I will stay here again, but it would be nice if Merced had hotels in nicer/safer locations, like farther east or near downtown. All the hotels are on rough sides off town off Hwy 99.

Room Tip: Always book the "suite" for a few extra dollars because the regular rooms are very tiny. T...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Daniel L, General Manager at Motel 6 Merced North, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We accommodate many guests and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were on a three week road trip and had spent 300+ on many of our nights, so I thought since we only needed a place to rest our head for about eight hours, we would save some money and stay here. Big mistake!
The girl that checked us in was very friendly and efficient.
The room was smaller than I imagine a hotel room could be, but that was my own fault for not realizing just how small Motel 5 rooms are.
Our beds were literally sagging and while I didn't find any actual dirt or hairs on the linens, they just looked old and dirty. One of the beds was pressed right up against the noisy air conditioner. I could see various food items that had been dropped into the top of the air conditioner......yuck.
We put our suits on and went to the pool and wished we hadn't. The table/chairs at the pool were filthy. The pool looked ok, but made me nervous since the area in general was so dirty.
My husband went to get ice and said he saw two men who appeared to be homeless hanging around near the ice machine.
We travel a LOT and this was the only night that I can remember that I basically slept with one eye open, because I just didn't feel safe.
I was thrilled when the morning came and we drove out of that place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Daniel L, General Manager at Motel 6 Merced North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We here at Motel 6 strive to make sure every guest has a pleasent stay with us. I genuinely apologize that we were unable to make your stay a pleasent one. I would like for you to know your feedback is very important to us, we have made several changes to our location. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well. Again I thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.
Cesena, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,780 helpful votes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent only one night here but I have to admit that it was very dirty. Rooms very small and suffucating with bugs as well. Staff very helpful indeed. bad choice for us. not recomended it. We didn't like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do apprecitate you sharing your concerns with us, as we are taking the appropriate measures to address future occurances.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room had 2 queens, TV, a refrigerator, but no microwave. Clean enough but pretty small walking space. The ice-maker worked fine and the pool appeared to be clean and functioning. We were not bothered by the train perhaps because the air conditioner was pretty loud. Normally that would bug us, but it was OK. Clerk was very friendly and even microwaved our dinner for us. It was tucked in between Costco and Carl Jr.'s, and might be a little tricky finding the driveway. We enjoyed breakfast at a Black Bear Restaurant across the street, and bought gas at the Costco. Nothing special to entice me to come back, but nothing bad as some reviewers found.

Room Tip: Room facing pool was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Found hair in the bed! Sheets and bed smelled of cigerittes. When checking in the attendant gave us an already occupied room. If you must stay at Motel 6 stay at the one a mile to the south. It nicer for the same price!

• Stayed June 2012
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The room had bugs; the pool was shut down; and when I informed the staff about the malfunctioned ice machine, they lied and pretended as though it was a NEW occurrence. I, later, discovered that it had not worked in quite some time.

After having spoken to the extremely evasive and rude manager about, what I was led to believe was an isolated incident, I was advised to walk across the parking lot to the nearby fast food restaurant to request a cup of ice. When I conveyed my disappointment in one's inability to effectively resolve the issue, I was promptly (and without warrant) thrown out of the office. Guess that's how things are done in the country/hood. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Choose a different location.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My stay was cut short due to an inability to sleep well at this hotel.
The hotel is very close to a rail line that is active during the night. In addition, the noise level between midnight and 3am was considerable. People making noise outside of the room and horns honking in the hotel parking lot made sleep next to impossible for me.

• Stayed June 2011