“Cockroaches” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Merced
“Cockroaches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I got to see two cockroaches on the ceiling after many years. Killed one but the other was roaming around searching the other. Fishy place with fishy people around. Saw two cops in the morning visiting the place. However, if your budget is small then this place is good for a nite if you are okay like me with a couple of roaches!

• Stayed June 2013

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I flew into Las Vegas and have traveled up the coast of California for the past 2 weeks. I've run into some very poor service, even in the best 4 and 5 star hotels along the way. However, when I was looking for a place to stay outside of Yosemite National Park, I decided that Merced, CA was a good stopping point.

This hotel was priced well and clean and convenient to our final destination. The bonus was the very friendly front desk person named Vanessa... She confirmed my reservation early in the morning, and even guided me in from a few miles away when my GPS took me about 15 miles the wrong direction. When I got to the hotel, she moved me to a room that was very close to my car so my kids didn't have to lug their bags across the hotel very far... Even though it was only for one night, well worth the stop...

Thanks

Thanks to Vanessa !! I wish everyone along my journey was as hospitable.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

It's typical 2-floors motel in the middle of city, mid size elder but clean rooms, with elder furniture and old smell, free wifi, ice machine and breakfast (sweet one: coffee, milk, fresh self-made pancakes,...), no fitness, no whirpool... It wasn't bad, it wasn't perfect, it was just fine for 2 nights, we went to Yosemite. If you look for clean, average motel (price 120 usd for 2 nights was ok), you will be right here. You will not want spend your vacation or honey moon there, just stop for few nights. We didn't try the pool. I give 2,5 stars from 5. It's still quite far to Yosemite, almost 2 hours drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
abvimerced, General Manager at America's Best Value Inn Merced, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Well, I'll take it.....clean and affordable! That's what we advertise, and that's what we deliver. Unfortunately, no "fitness center" or "whirlpool", yeah we'll have to work on that ;o) We are the closest affordable major city to Yosemite at only 86 miles or just over an hour and a half. Mariposa is a small town about 45 minutes closer but is much smaller and resources can be scarce to say the least. It can also be upwards of $150.00 plus per night during the traveling season. We're glad that our hotel worked out well for you and we wish you all the best in your future travels.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I came here thinking this would be a cheap inn to go to, as I was only in town for the night for a wedding. Not only did my girlfriend's sisters find roaches in their rooms, but I also killed one when I came to the lobby at night looking for cups and ice. The lady behind the desk was spraying a roach as I walked in. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just had a stay at this place on business. The staff (Jacki, Vanessa, Jeff) and everyone I met was so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and more than you could expect for the price. The tub had a whirlpool!!! I made use of that, one word of caution though, fill the tub with water completely before you turn on the jets...
Jacki even helped me out with my business cards for the area, now that's above and beyond. Breakfast is free, and if you love the Belgian Waffle like I do, you will be very pleased. The dining area was clean and roomy, great for larger business or employee meetings.
In short, I look forward to going back to this hotel, I hope my boss never hires someone for that area (Merced, CA) and sends me again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was at the vagabond in ( which for some reason is rated high .. ) - which was terrible - so in the middle of the stay I moved to the best value inn which some locals recommended.
Nothing deluxe is offered , but what you get is great for the price:
A nice simple breakfest
spacey room - for me everything in it was functioning , including a decent coffee maker and microwave.

The girls at the reception were all friendly and helpful, especially one on the day I checked in called Jacky

I really have no idea where low scores come from , but I haven't seen a single dissatisfied person at the inn during my stay

As for food - there is a really good diner nearby, the black bear , I would recommend you go there

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple weeks ago because we came down for my sister in laws wedding. Were extremely tired since we had a 7hr drive and it was late and all we wanted to do was sleep. We arrived and the doors were locked assuming since it was late already, the girl on the front desk opened the door for us told us to come in she said she didn't want us to freeze out there. She gave us excellent service and was very nice, I believe her name was Marible. The room quality was decent for the price we paid. We didn't have any problems. Breakfast had good varieties. Overall a good stay, will be staying here whenever I come to visit my family. Rooms are decent for the price but the customer service is great, made me feel welcomed!.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to America's Best Value Inn Merced? Share your experiences!