“Menonite homemade goodies” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 144 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Café, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Welcome to Jantz! We offer a variety of pastries and pies to enjoy with our locally roasted freshly brewed coffee or espresso. In the morning we have a breakfast menu that includes a long time favorite 'cinnamon swirl french toast' from our bakery. For lunch we have a variety of hot and cold sandwiches including our best seller since 2001, the chicken salad sandwich! We also offer free WiFi and an outdoor patio.
Merced, California
“Menonite homemade goodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Local favorite and sister store from the one in Atwater, CA 20 min away. Homemade baked goodies and B/Lunch fare. Casseroles, bread etc to take home too. Only complaint are the rather small table and chairs in this store

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sherman, Texas
“Crazy good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my first time here as I live in Oklahoma but my Aunt suggested it so I met her there. We opted for a seat out on the patio. Had the BLT and potato salad. My sandwich was great, the potato salad I couldn't get enough of and if it wouldnt look so ridiculous I would have licked the bowl! To top it off I had a slice of fresh strawberry pie which was really the size of TWO portions but it was all great and if I go back home again I'll be sure to stop by :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chowchilla, California
“Nice family business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here on a couple occasions. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. Portion sizes are huge but lack flavor. I order a breakfast burrito and it was filled with mostly unseasoned potatoes. The lunches are a little better if you can stand the lines and the noise.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles
“Fantastic Cookies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The best chocolate chip and Snickerdoodle cookies on the planet. The cookies are huge, soft, buttery and addictive. Their sandwiches with homemade bread are also terrific. I'm far less enthusiastic about their pies, which don't taste nearly as good as they look. The crusts are great, but the fillings often disappoint.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Merced California
“Bakery, Breakfast and Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a family operated cafe/bakery, with the original in Atwater, a site in Mariposa, and the newest location in a medical related business park on G Street in Merced - at El Portal. The bakery has great breads, rolls, pies, and other desserts. The menu is limited, but this allows good quality control. Food can be consumed on the premises; or, it can be packaged to go. Currently, it is not open Saturday or Sunday - but expanded hours are under consideration. Better than mosr deli's - and fresher thanmost other locales.

Visited June 2013