“Love this place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Chowchilla, California
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've eaten here repeatedly. Small pocket of a restaurant, but the food is great and the service is quick. The fajitas for two are huge portions and at a reasonable price!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Merced, California
“Do not even try”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We arrived to find that the only booth available was within arms length from the greeter who never smiled once. We were then informed that they don't use shredded beef in any recipes, just Carne Asada. I ordered chili relleno combo plate and my husband ordered a tamale and cheese enchilada. The bathrooms were terrible. The men's bathroom has no toilette seats and the women's bathroom had no soap, the dispenser was empty. When our food arrived, the relleno was made very good, but the tamale was dry, with no sauce inside. It was smothered in red sauce that had been burnt to the point that it was black. It stuck to my husband's knife as he scraped it off. Not once, did our waitress smile or return to our table to find out if the food was okay, if we needed anything or did we need more water which my husband ran out of halfway through the meal. Finally at the end of our disastrous visit, the male waiter who was the only friendly person in the place, returned to our table to FINALLY offer drink refills. We asked for more water and a "to go" box. He returned promptly with them. We then waited for our check but sat there for another 20 minutes before my husband finally asked the greeter who was within arms length if we could please pay. She asked us if our waitress had brought us our check. We replied "no". After another 5 or 10 minutes, the waitress came back but not to our table. She returned to hand our check to the greeter with a scowl on her face. The greeter let us know our check was ready. We paid quickly and left having wasted $34 on terrible service and only a partially acceptable meal. Needless to say, we left no tip even though I did feel the need to leave a penny on the table. We will never go there again and would not recommend it to anyone. The worst service I have ever received.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Florencio's is my favorite place to eat out for all occasions. Florencio is also the owner of La Morenita. My favorite is the shrimp enchiladas with verde sauce, it's a party in your mouth.

• Visited May 2013