“Just for a drink” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: American Style restaurant and bar. Serving Lunch and Dinner Monday-Saturday, and Breakfast on Sunday!
Vienna, Austria
“Just for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We just went there for a few drinks and it was perfectly okay.
The Cocktail was great.
We were allowed to smoke so it was a fine evening

Merced, California
“Terrible Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Can't believe this place! My friend and I went in for lunch hoping for a nice retreat. It was FAR too expensive for a pasta dish and the service was terrible. We waited and waited for our lunch to be brought to the table. Then they brought out check! OMG...$42 for 2 pasta dishes and iced tea! Well, we looked at the bill very closely and they had added two extra meals. It than took them a full 20 minutes to change the bill. We did use one of their coupons, which prompted us to believe they doubled the bill to make up for the coupon! The Manager's attitude was really priceless...he kept staring at our table with THE most disgusted attitude! Never again, 5-10...

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Smiles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was served by Delia and Amber. Received friendly service and with a smile on their dial...which was nice after a hard day of tra vel

Merced, California
“Food Was Good But Not Worth The 3 Hours We Waited For It!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Upon entering the Five Ten, we felt it was a nice, modern and upscale bistro. Though I am not a trained restaurant critic, I dine out like one, and have learned a lot not only as a customer, but also as a waitress & cook. We were a party of six, my husband and 4 adult children. The first thing I noticed after being seated was that our center two-top had a huge smear of something on it...maybe ranch dressing? It was dry, which added to the "disgusting" factor. The young lady who took our drink order was quick and very friendly. Our drinks came almost immediately...and that's where the quick service ended. I accounted for the fact that they like to give time for customers to enjoy their drinks, but 30 minutes later she came back for our order. Note:the restaurant was NOT crowded. Picture a small diner during an early bird service. Thought that was important to include so that the reader understands that I do get the difference between a slammed house and a relaxed, easy to cover service. It took another 30 minutes to bring our salads. After we finished with the salads, we sat for approximately 40 minutes before our dinner arrived. We had 2 chicken Caesar salads, 2 beef stroganoffs, 1 fish and chips and 1 filet mignon. The next thing I noticed was the table to our right that had been seated AFTER us as they were getting their food, all six of them (this was before our waitress delivered ours). Not just salads or soups, but full entrees. Hmmm. Who would have guessed our dinner would be at the 1 hour & 40 minute mark before we received our food! Sadly, one of our party needed to return to work and had to leave with his dinner in a box, without the benefit of even taking a bite. Now, let me point out that we could see the kitchen and chefs through the viewing glass. No one was in a hurry there. The waitresses seemed kind of disorganized and even though SOMEONE would occasionally come by and offer us water, we were pretty much left to our own devices. Good thing we didn't want another drink or refills on soda. Oh, did I mention it was a birthday celebration? Now, let's get back to that "other table", that came in after us but were served before. Eventually I saw one of the women walk into the kitchen and flirt with a couple of the cooks. She was turning 21, or so the sign at her table said, and sporting an OMG short, pink dress and tiara. Hmmm, again. One of the main reasons I decided to try the Five Ten was their creme' brulee...something impossible to find in Merced. That is the ONLY thing that kept me hanging on. When we were done eating, we sat another 20 minutes before anyone came by and I had to ask for the dessert menu, no one was offering any help in this place...ask or don't receive! Amazingly, the brulee came within 10 to 15 minutes. It was delicious, as was my beef stroganoff and the other dishes. But, again, as my title points out...not any better than any steak house and NOT worth waiting through bad service for! Apparently, I didn't rate the cake, candle and song, even though my husband told them it was my birthday, that the gal in the pink dress was given. Again...hmmm. If I hadn't enjoyed the food and been surrounded by people I love, this birthday celebration would have been a great disappointment. Now, you may think I was one of those sour puss customers, always complaining, etc., but remember, I've been on both sides of the table and am also into tipping big. Sadly, this gal got the meager 15% (I never leave less), but she could have went home with $30 more tonight. I'm not saying it's all her fault. Those chefs were not in a hurry and seemed to spend a lot of time chatting and puttering. Remember, I've also been a cook. However, I watched her through the night (had plenty of time!) and she had one speed...SLOW! As I read all of the previous reviews, I had to ask myself if this was a true fluke. Maybe so. However, a good establishment realizes when things are running badly and the management makes it up to the customers, smoothes ruffled feathers and gets in there and helps! Robert Irvine would have been screaming his brains out!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atwater, California, Usa
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I went to dinner here for our anniversary .The appetizer, fried ravioli, was great. We both had the filet, both were cooked perfect, potatoes and asparagus were excellent. The presentation on the plate was wonderful. Waitress was friendly and her service outstanding. We will be going back again.

• Visited May 2014