“dream bakery” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Merced, California
“dream bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

DId you ever dream of being locked in a bakery as a kid? Super fresh and yummy. Soup, salad and sandwiches too. Pizza some nights. Large meeting room in back

Visited November 2013

Merced
“Upscale for Merced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Bella Luna is great. They make their own zucchini pickles, Italian desserts, and a number of salads. There is a deli that makes really good sandwiches, caters and has the occasional jazz night. I found the servers a little on the unfriendly side compared with other establishments I frequent in Merced. If you know them personally, they're great. If not, a little stand-offish. The quality of the food more than makes up for it.

Visited December 2013
Merced, California, United States
“Very nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Lots of good luncheon sandwich choices. Very nice inside seeing the bricks still there from the old days. You can't go wrong here. Give it a try.

Visited April 2013
Merced, California, United States
“over priced and poor quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

imitation italian deli, pizza has gone way down hill , rude manageress out of her depth . our drinks were fine one thing that really put me off was I could see into the kitchen when the doors were swinging and it looked really dirty !!

Visited February 2013
Merced, California
“Best Bread in this Area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I already knew Bella Luna crafts excellent bread. I've been buying it all summer long at the Merced Farmer's Market. Having grown up in Europe, I really know good bread. My favorite from Bella Luna is multigrain sourdough... which deserves 5 stars.

I just had lunch at Bella Luna Cafe for the first time. Decor is pleasant, Meditaranian. My sandwich was very good, and my friend liked her quiche. The lunch would have deserved 5 stars. However, I had to knock off a point because first it took quite some time just to get the order in at the counter, and then it took a while to get the order to the table. Staff was very friendly and hard working. The cafe was quite busy, understaffed, and therefore seemed somewhat disorganized. That may have been a fluke, but that's how it was the day I visited. Regardless, I will continue to patronize Bella Luna. Based on my bread purchases I believe it's the best bakery in our area. I hope at another time I'll be able to give it 5 stars.