“Remodling Almost Complete” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Carson City, Nevada
“Remodling Almost Complete”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

When I travel alone, I don't need many amenities. Ease of parking, clean room, a working heater/sir conditioner, comfortable bed, a small refrigerator, and that's about it. I get in fairly late at night and leave early in the morning so I don't need swimming pools, exercise rooms and all those other things.

For that reason I always stay at the Motel 6 on Child's Ave. when I'm in the Merced area.

They have been in the process of remodeling their room and although they are not all finished yet I managed to get one over the past weekend and it was very nice with all of the amenities I want or need. Additionally, the desk personnel were all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled rooms
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with Motel 6 on Childs Ave, we appreciate your repeat business. We have recently completely remodeled half of our room and the other half of our rooms are partially remodeled. The biggest difference in the two is that the completely remodeled rooms have wood effect flooring while the partially remodeled rooms have carpet. We are more than happy to accommodate you in whichever rooms you feel more comfortable in, just let us know at check-in. We are also more than happy to let you look at both options to see which one fits your needs. We do also have microwaves and refrigerators available in both room types upon request. My friendly staff and I look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

The budget option. It cost $55 for the night, but you dont even get carpet on the floor for that (see picture). Parking is close and no noise overnight as it is far enough from the highways and rail line are the nicest things you can say about it. Staff are fine. We got towels albeit slightly threadbare ones. Has wifi

Room Tip: near car park
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We strive to offer clean comfortable rooms and Motel 6 has decided that hardwood floors are cleaner and easier to clean than carpet. We do have some rooms at this property that have carpet in them and if you prefer that, just request it at checkin and we are more than happy to put you in a room that you will be comfortable with. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

You are tired, and you want to sleep in a safe place where you will be received by very nice staff (Thank you for all your help Melissa!). That is what you will find at this property. Do not ask for more.

It is very hard to find a plug for connect your computer, the towels are few and VERY thin and the room is very spartan. As others have pointed out, you have to pay for shampoo and water pressure is not great.

The hotel has two wings. . and if you go into the one I got, there is a potent smell that welcomes you and the doors need an urgent paint job. Also, I saw a couple of questionable characters in the parking lot which made me make sure I shut the doors of the wing.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Thank you for staying at Motel 6 Merced. Motel 6 is a leader in the economy hotel segment and in order to keep costs down, we do not provide shampoo in the rooms but we do make it available for guests who need it. It is nice to hear that Melisa made you feel welcome and I will share this review with her. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Merced area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

Black mold in parts of bathroom. No shampoo unless you pay a dollar. No towels in room. Clerk was super nice though and made the stay pleasant. Bed was hard as a rock and room was noisy. Not much but a place to barely sleep.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feeback is important to us and I will personally address the issues that you have brought to my attention. I apologize that there were no towels in your room and there was an issue with cleanliness. We are currently focusing our efforts on the quality and cleanliness of our rooms so future guests will not experience the same issue. I am happy to hear that my staff made you feel welcome and I hope that if you are in the Merced area, you will give us another chance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

I would like to specially thank an employee at this Location... "The Amazing Ashley" This beautiful woman's Customer Service skills were Superb, Extrordinary , Outstanding and Also Conducting in Professional Manner.. She took Quality Time in helping me Find a Affordable Room.. That suited excellent to my expectations.. She took time to walk me around the facility and made sure I was aware of all the perks That " Motel 6 " provided.. And Plus she Always took Care of me With a Wonderful Smile... " THE AMAZING ASHLEY" This Employee should not Only Know shes Amazing (which she IS!!) but Also Should be giving Some type of Promotion.. Thank you Motel 6 for the wonderful Stay.. and Mostly thank you ASHLEY :-)

• Stayed February 2015
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review Motel 6 in Merced Ca. I am happy to hear that Ashley made your stay pleasant. We are lucky to have her on our team. We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the Merced area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

Came to California to see Yosemite and stopped at Motel 6 on my way I was extremely tired from being on the road for 12 hours and the girl at the front desk Lisa was very professional and polite took care of me and got me a room so I can sleep in. my room was very clean and had no problems thanks Motel 6 for the lovely stay and a good price you definitely left the light on for me.

• Stayed December 2014
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
I hope you enjoyed your visit to Yosemite, I hear it is beautiful this time of year. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay here and my staff was welcoming. Motel 6 strives to offer clean, comfortable rooms at the lowest price of any national chain and it sounds like we are hitting the mark. Thank you for your review and Happy Holidays from all of us at Motel 6 Merced.
Desert Hot Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

It's a Motel 6. It's decent. Staff is friendly and helpful. The Wi-fi is free, but a bit flakey. Water pressure is acceptable. The water gets hot when you want it hot. The corridor smells odd - I can' tell if it's weird cleaning materials or weird food. Maybe both?! But I have a complaint about the heat. The overnight low temperature was 50 degrees (F). I could not get the temperature of the room to rise above the low 60s, even though I pushed the thermostat up to 80. By the way, the thermostat was already set to 80 when I came into the room, so somebody before me had the same problem. I lowered it to 75, but after a couple of hours pushed it back up to 80 trying to get some warmth. It doesn't help. I would not recommend staying here in cold weather.

Room Tip: Ask if they have one with a fireplace, because you're going to need it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, December 11, 2014
I apologize that your room was cooler than you would have liked it. I assure you that this was an isolated incident. I am glad that you brought this to my attention so that I can have it repaired immediately before any other guests have a similar experience. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time share your experience with others. I hope that you will stay here again in the future and if you have any issues, please notify me or any one of my friendly staff memebers so that we can remedy and issues and you can have a pleasant stay.

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!