“Perhaps they changed owners” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1983 E Childs Ave, Merced, CA 95340   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Carson City, Nevada
“Perhaps they changed owners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been staying here half a dozen times a year for the past five years and have noticed many changes. The newly remodeled rooms are very clean, spacious, but very austere. No more reefer or microwaves. Additionally, there is no FOX news on the TV which is very disappointing. It would seem as though the usual, friendly staff that I am used to were either all off the two nights I was there, or they're no longer there. The person who checked me in was almost rude, when I returned after a long, hot day on Saturday night, my key would no longer work, even though I paid for two nights. I had to go back to the front desk to get it rekeyed. The two ladies behind the desk were also less than friendly. When I checked out on Sunday morning there was no one present at the desk so I just left my key and walked out. What has happened there?

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6, responded to this review, 1 week ago
J R W, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your interaction to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sutton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst on the road, the room was very basic but clean, vinyl floor, good shower. Noisy aircon but at least they had it, italian across the road done the job. Wouldn't stay for more than one night but it was a good stop off for after yosemite and before Gilroy and coast.

Stayed August 2014
MADERA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

well I have to say this was and is a wonderful hide away for any of you who needs to be close to home but not at home... I found myself missing this motel on the weekends that I go to Monterey.. the staff are very egar to make your one nite pit stop feel like its home away from home. the young lady at the front desk Ronellea she has been so helpful polite and she know her motel 6 lango.. I have and will recommend this motel 6 to all of you that reads this

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
We strive to make your stay with us, whether its only one night or several, feel like home away from home. Our caring staff does everything they can to accomodate guests and make them feel welcome. Ronelle is a great example of what guest service should be and sets a great example for all of our other employees. Thank you for taking the time to review Motel 6 in Merced and we hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have not been to a Motel 6 in many years but the reviews for this property were good and so I took a chance. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to my HUGE room with a sofa, coffee table, microwave and large fridge. The room was bright and airy - looking out at the lovely pool and a nice grassy area for my 2 dogs. All this for under $50. what a deal! While there is no breakfast, they did have morning coffee in the lobby. No street noise and many of the rooms were being upgraded. Excellent customer service from Andrea!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us here at Motel 6 Merced. We always welcome travellers with pets and I am happy that your pets enjoyed our pet area. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you and your pets again in the near future.
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Andrea made my terrible EXPERIENCE all worth while. My stay at the 6 was all bad with the exception of the night manager Ronnel and her awesome employee ANDREA who with their excellent customer service and true concern made the lousy accomadations worthwhile. Those two ladies really know what customer service is and went above and beyond their duties to make things right unlike other employees I won't mention that were rude and had no customer service skill what so ever. Thanks RONNEL AND ANDREA YOU GUYS FREAKIN ROCK. THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL .

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Motel 6 in Merced Ca. I am happy to hear that Ronelle and Andrea made your stay pleasant. We are lucky to have them both on our team. We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the Merced area.
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I work out of town alot and stay in primarily Motel 6. The week before, I stayed in Turlock Motel 6. That was terrible! Not clean, noisy, terrible t.v., my non-smoking room smelled like smoke & A.C.was not cold.So I decided to go about 25 min south & stay at the one in Merced. Wow, what a difference! Clean, accomidating, the bed was great, tv was awesome and the ac was running nice &
cold. The staff waswonderful!Especially the gal at the front desk, Ronelle. I encourage
anyone who is planning to stay in the area to take the extra few minutes and go all
the way to Merced! I will!!

• Stayed June 2014
Greg K, Director of Operations at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I'm glad to hear your stay with us was so pleasant. Ronelle is a trusted associate and we are happy to have her on the team. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just would like Andrea for the wonderful service. We had a minor issue with our room thinking the light was not working . she admedatilty change our room. The entering our 2nd room I realized the beds were full size which we had a queens. So I then ask Andrea if there were any other rooms ( which they were fully booked). She then ask if I wanted my old room back and would see if a maintence would be in to fix the light Which I was fine with . in all the light was not broken. It had a sensor that my daughter did not know. Andrea had the most patients dealing with our mishap. She made our stay most comfortable. Thanks Andrea...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Customer service is what we are here for and Andrea is a fine example of that. All of our staff is focused on making your stay and enjoyable one. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!