“A Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have not been to a Motel 6 in many years but the reviews for this property were good and so I took a chance. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to my HUGE room with a sofa, coffee table, microwave and large fridge. The room was bright and airy - looking out at the lovely pool and a nice grassy area for my 2 dogs. All this for under $50. what a deal! While there is no breakfast, they did have morning coffee in the lobby. No street noise and many of the rooms were being upgraded. Excellent customer service from Andrea!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us here at Motel 6 Merced. We always welcome travellers with pets and I am happy that your pets enjoyed our pet area. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you and your pets again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Andrea made my terrible EXPERIENCE all worth while. My stay at the 6 was all bad with the exception of the night manager Ronnel and her awesome employee ANDREA who with their excellent customer service and true concern made the lousy accomadations worthwhile. Those two ladies really know what customer service is and went above and beyond their duties to make things right unlike other employees I won't mention that were rude and had no customer service skill what so ever. Thanks RONNEL AND ANDREA YOU GUYS FREAKIN ROCK. THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL .

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lilly K, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Motel 6 in Merced Ca. I am happy to hear that Ronelle and Andrea made your stay pleasant. We are lucky to have them both on our team. We hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the Merced area.
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I work out of town alot and stay in primarily Motel 6. The week before, I stayed in Turlock Motel 6. That was terrible! Not clean, noisy, terrible t.v., my non-smoking room smelled like smoke & A.C.was not cold.So I decided to go about 25 min south & stay at the one in Merced. Wow, what a difference! Clean, accomidating, the bed was great, tv was awesome and the ac was running nice &
cold. The staff waswonderful!Especially the gal at the front desk, Ronelle. I encourage
anyone who is planning to stay in the area to take the extra few minutes and go all
the way to Merced! I will!!

• Stayed June 2014
Greg K, Director of Operations at Motel 6, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I'm glad to hear your stay with us was so pleasant. Ronelle is a trusted associate and we are happy to have her on the team. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just would like Andrea for the wonderful service. We had a minor issue with our room thinking the light was not working . she admedatilty change our room. The entering our 2nd room I realized the beds were full size which we had a queens. So I then ask Andrea if there were any other rooms ( which they were fully booked). She then ask if I wanted my old room back and would see if a maintence would be in to fix the light Which I was fine with . in all the light was not broken. It had a sensor that my daughter did not know. Andrea had the most patients dealing with our mishap. She made our stay most comfortable. Thanks Andrea...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Customer service is what we are here for and Andrea is a fine example of that. All of our staff is focused on making your stay and enjoyable one. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were bigger than I thought and cleaner than I expected. The service was awesome thank you ANDREA for making our experience a great one. She was very helpful and made our stay there even better!!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you. Andrea does a great job and we are pleased to have her on our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Merced.
Yucca Valley, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The room was adequate. new beds, TV and carpet. The bathroom and room could use a paint job. Holes in the wall and outline from the old furniture. The sensor kept turning on the light in the sink area when the air conditioner shut off. The air conditioner worked well on a hot day. The motel is older and in a tougher looking neighborhood, but felt safe. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. We are glad that you noticed our upgrades. We are continuing to make some more. We will be painting soon! Our staff takes pride in making your stay enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again.
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

When we arrived we asked for a quiet room because I was very tired from a long drive. When we got to our room we were very impressed with it because it was of a much higher standard than other Motel 6's we had stayed in before. However after going out for an evening meal we returned to go to bed. Then it started. We could hear noise of children running up and down and shouting outside in the corridor. This was with regular doors slamming which were to the extent that each time the bang shook our room. When it was not the children it was adults coming and going all through the night all talking loudly in Hispanic and also slamming the entrance door. This continued right through the night with at most an odd 30 minute period of silence. It seems that some motels in the USA are being used to accommodate people on social housing and it seems this may be an example. Also Trains passed by in the distance all night with their sirens blaring. We did not get any sleep whatsoever all that night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!