“Excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Merced
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Description: In downtown Merced....patio and indoor seating. Excellent food and service. Locally owned
“Excellent food in a relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a fantastic find in Merced. The restaurant is clean and has a wonderful outside seating area. The staff was attentive and informative.

Our party of three choose to sit outside. It was a great decision as it was a beautiful afternoon.

The salads were large and dressing was on the side. Produce was fresh and you could taste the freshness. Bread was served and was soft and fresh. We happened to go on a Wednesday and it was free dessert Wednesday!!

Great place to stop for lunch in a small town. Plenty of parking.

Merced, California
“Great lunch spot but get there early ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place has worked derail fresh sandwiches and salads. I've never had a bad meal here. I love the Mediterranean Chicken sandwich and a couple others. The potato salad is hood too. I keep meaning to try breakfast but haven't. The place gets crowded and sometimes loud at lunch. They have a cute tented patio also.

Sacramento, California
“Couldn't provide me with a Receipt ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great little spot, good food, service and ambiance. However when I went to pay and asked for an itemized receipt I was refused. The poor waitress was very nice but what a horrible manager to not only refuse my request but to make the waitress talk to me instead of coming over to me yourself. I even asked if they could just write me another handwritten note or copy the receipt and was told it would take too long for the copier to warm up. Really, maybe it's not a big deal to most people but my company requires an actual receipt not a picture taken with my phone. Now I don't get reimbursed for a lunch. Waitress said they get the same request often. Owners it's time to figure out a solution. I certainly won't be back and neither will any of our other employees.

Merced, California, United States
“Perfect lunch spot!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great salads and sandwiches plus always new inventive daily specials to add to their creative menu. Baked items displayed under the glass case look so enticing but I haven't ever had enough room to try them. I heard they are homemade daily. I love sitting out on the patio with the trees and fountain. Doesn't feel like you are in the middle of town at all. I can truly say I haven't had a bad meal there.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Modesto, California
“One of the best restaurants in Merced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

So far we have only had breakfast at Tony's, and we loved it! I can not wait to try their lunch menu!
The prices are reasonable, and the food is really good.
They have a nice little outdoor patio with a canopy and a heater, so it's always nice and cozy.
We will definitely be going back... again, and again, and again!

• Visited April 2014