“A Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merced
Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Merced B&B and Inns
Pacific Northwest
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Spent three nights at Serenity Gardens last weekend while in town for a reunion. Past reviews were spot on - it's a gem of a B&B. Jackie and Jerry welcomed us into their home and treated us like family. The property is very spacious and nicely furnished. The garden areas are lovely and tranquil. Breakfast (made to order) was scrumptious and served at our requested time. Spot and Bonita, the resident dogs, loved to be petted/scratched and provided much needed doggie fixes for these weary travelers. A welcome change from the typical properties near Motel Drive.

Room Tip: The Alaska room has a huge bathroom jetted tub, shower, double sinks and separate toilet and bidet a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Serendity Gardens in October (I'm a little late to review!). I must say that this was one wonderful experience at a very affordable price! Jackie and Jerry are wonderful people and outstanding hosts and were very welcoming into their home. We were fortunate enough to sit down with them for a few minutes to chat. They are incredible kind people with huge hearts,

Now on to the actual property! I have stayed at several bnbs over the past year, and I must say that this had the most beautiful room and bathroom out of all of them. The main bedroom is huge and the bathroom is as well! The bed was very comfortable and we both slept very well. The bathroom has a jacuzzi and private toilet. Everything was great!

Breakfast was lovely, all prepared by Jackie. They have a gorgeous garden-like backyard and a chicken coop! Jackie makes breakfast using her own free range eggs! You can't get more fresh than that! In addition, she provides several other components to produce a lovely breakfast spread.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. If I am ever near Merced again I know where I am staying! Thank you Jackie and Jerry!!!! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am actually staying here right now, but I could not wait to write a review. The proprietor of this establishment, Jacqueline, is amazing. Great customer service and the breakfast with an omelet made from free range eggs that have been cared for by her husband, is amazing. Seriously, one of the best breakfasts ever! All I know is that next time I am in Merced, I am coming here. It was truly magnificent. The beds were perfect too, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Thank you Jacqueline for your hospitality and great b&b.

• Stayed April 2014
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had a great night's stay at Serenity Gardens B&B on our way from Yosemite to San Francisco. Jackie and Jerry were very friendly hosts and we had a lovely chat with them when we arrived in the early evening. Our room, the Alaskan, was very clean, comfortable and spacious and the ensuite was huge!! Breakfast was delicious the next morning and we loved spending some quality time with their two sweet dogs, Spot and Bonita. Jackie gave us a tour of their beautiful gardens, with all the trees in bloom and showed us their hens and some new chicks that had just arrived. Loved it!! Just wish we'd had more time to sit and soak in the serenity of the beautiful surroundings...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here on New Years Day for one night. Very clean, comfortable, spacious room, and the owner, Jackie, was super nice. She made us feel very welcome and served us a great vegan breakfast. We birded the next day at the Merced and San Luis Wildlife Refuges, which are close by. A great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Serenity Gardens was a great find in many ways! Jackie, Serenity's proprietor was very welcoming and her home warm, comfortable, clean and spacious. It was also as the title implies- very serene! The breakfast was delicious and we appreciated that Jackie accommodated our vegan diets. Jackie and her husband Jerry are motorcyclists and they welcome other bikers in addition to nature lovers. The Merced National Wildlife Refuge, which has thousands of birds is just a short drive away. We enjoyed talking to Jackie about the species that we saw. If only we had had more time to stay another night!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Thankfully I also decided last minute to look for a bed and breakfast, which is the same price as a hotel... but oh, so much more charm and hospitality..... I'll never stay at a hotel again, especially after staying at Serenity Gardens!

Staying at a b & b here is like staying your favorite lovely auntie .... So fortunate there was a last minute cancelation! So warm and relaxed here....A very PERSONal touch. What a heart the two of these people have! They have already offered to help me get settled in Merced if I do get this job (fingers crossed).

Surprised that a credit card wasn't demanded when I booked, and - should I say this - when I thought I would be arriving when Jackie was gone, she said she'd leave a key for me!

So much care .... we sat down as Jackie asked me what I wanted for breakfast, and what time... How do I want my eggs (freshly laid)? What type of meat would I like with that? sausage, bacon or canadian sausage? Pancakes, waffles or toast? Coffee upstairs while dressing?

Had a list of restaurants to try .... I said I needed to buy thank you cards, and she suggested a place to go for that too.

Jacuzzi tub.... internet.... sweetie pie dog Spot....really is perfect, and oh so nice to be so pampered!

Room Tip: I picked the Alaska suite... it's not that much more, but I wanted that big jacuzzi tub! I thin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business