“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merced
Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Merced B&B and Inns
Concord, California
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I am actually staying here right now, but I could not wait to write a review. The proprietor of this establishment, Jacqueline, is amazing. Great customer service and the breakfast with an omelet made from free range eggs that have been cared for by her husband, is amazing. Seriously, one of the best breakfasts ever! All I know is that next time I am in Merced, I am coming here. It was truly magnificent. The beds were perfect too, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Thank you Jacqueline for your hospitality and great b&b.

• Stayed April 2014

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had a great night's stay at Serenity Gardens B&B on our way from Yosemite to San Francisco. Jackie and Jerry were very friendly hosts and we had a lovely chat with them when we arrived in the early evening. Our room, the Alaskan, was very clean, comfortable and spacious and the ensuite was huge!! Breakfast was delicious the next morning and we loved spending some quality time with their two sweet dogs, Spot and Bonita. Jackie gave us a tour of their beautiful gardens, with all the trees in bloom and showed us their hens and some new chicks that had just arrived. Loved it!! Just wish we'd had more time to sit and soak in the serenity of the beautiful surroundings...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here on New Years Day for one night. Very clean, comfortable, spacious room, and the owner, Jackie, was super nice. She made us feel very welcome and served us a great vegan breakfast. We birded the next day at the Merced and San Luis Wildlife Refuges, which are close by. A great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Serenity Gardens was a great find in many ways! Jackie, Serenity's proprietor was very welcoming and her home warm, comfortable, clean and spacious. It was also as the title implies- very serene! The breakfast was delicious and we appreciated that Jackie accommodated our vegan diets. Jackie and her husband Jerry are motorcyclists and they welcome other bikers in addition to nature lovers. The Merced National Wildlife Refuge, which has thousands of birds is just a short drive away. We enjoyed talking to Jackie about the species that we saw. If only we had had more time to stay another night!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Thankfully I also decided last minute to look for a bed and breakfast, which is the same price as a hotel... but oh, so much more charm and hospitality..... I'll never stay at a hotel again, especially after staying at Serenity Gardens!

Staying at a b & b here is like staying your favorite lovely auntie .... So fortunate there was a last minute cancelation! So warm and relaxed here....A very PERSONal touch. What a heart the two of these people have! They have already offered to help me get settled in Merced if I do get this job (fingers crossed).

Surprised that a credit card wasn't demanded when I booked, and - should I say this - when I thought I would be arriving when Jackie was gone, she said she'd leave a key for me!

So much care .... we sat down as Jackie asked me what I wanted for breakfast, and what time... How do I want my eggs (freshly laid)? What type of meat would I like with that? sausage, bacon or canadian sausage? Pancakes, waffles or toast? Coffee upstairs while dressing?

Had a list of restaurants to try .... I said I needed to buy thank you cards, and she suggested a place to go for that too.

Jacuzzi tub.... internet.... sweetie pie dog Spot....really is perfect, and oh so nice to be so pampered!

Room Tip: I picked the Alaska suite... it's not that much more, but I wanted that big jacuzzi tub! I thin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hope Valley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Jackie is such a lovely, warm hostess. She looked after our every need. We felt very relaxed and enjoyed sitting in her garden under the trees. She spoiled us by giving us an early morning coffee on the balcony, followed by a home cooked breakfast on the terrace and catered for my gluten-free dietary needs. We had a very comfortable night's sleep which set us up for the journey ahead to Yosemite. We really enjoyed our stay.
Viv & Peter

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
West Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was very excited for my first B&B experience, my husband was not so much. We were in Merced visiting my son who attends UCMerced. Well, Jackie and Jerry won him over with their hospitality, beautiful home, and overall "make you feel at home" vibe. Jackie is the perfect host. She is an amazing cook and very welcoming innkeeper. Jerry is a cool guy with an easy going spirit. We loved just sitting and talking to them while relaxing. If you are looking for a peaceful place to stay in Merced, Serenity Gardens is it. We will definitely be visiting again. Oh, and loved spending time with Spot and Bonita and the chickens.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!