“Good hotel, nice welcome, plenty of attention, a bit expensive and noisy with the Call Train runing just behind the hote” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Park Hotel

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Prevessin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Get a room on the west wing 1st or second floor.
Enjoy the courtyard in the evening, even if trains are noisy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stanford Park is a very quaint property nestled in central Palo Alto close to campus, town and business district. Service is very attentive. Comfortable bar pleasant for a quick drink or meal. Also, renovated gym a plus for a quick workout.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

This Hotel was recommended by a colleagues as the "best closest" to my local office. As a working trip it was handy being only 10min walk from Stanford Mall for the family presents. For me the recently refreshed fitness centre was a big pull to clear the daily work stresses. The staff all spoke good clear English-English and some had even been over this side of the pond.
The issue if any was that due to a booking error my last 2 days cost the same as my first 5.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Due to early a.m. surgery at Stanford Hospital, I chose Stanford Park Hotel because of it's proximity(5 min.) to the hospital. Questioning the very helpful,personable reservations person about what would be most convenient for me and my adult son who would be staying with me, I chose a suite with a king size bed, and a sitting room with pullout sofa for him with additional large screen t.v. The selection of a suite looking out at the beautiful pool area from huge windows each day was wonderful. Altho I was concerned about possible noise from the pool area, I was assured that since it was winter it would be quiet, and it was. After the first night, a long,rollaway bed was brought in because of my son's height (6'3"). Very Thoughtful! .House keeping provided many extra pillows for my bed to make me as comfortable as possible, with soft luxurious linen, and each day made sure that the ice bucket was filled n case I needed it. Whenever I picked up the phone to call within the hotel, the answer was always personalized by greeting me by name. The bathroom was spotless with extra towels,wash cloths.Room service was fabulous, even bringing chicken broth and other not on the menu comforting goodies,a plateful of delicious cookies and choice of tea that made me feel so much better. When my son ordered a martini with his dinner, it was delivered along with the room service waiter by an additional person carrying the martini on a tray in order not to spill a drop on the way to my room. My son raved about the quality of food, (steaks,duck and amazing bread pudding to mention only a few.}
On request, they even provided a larger, comfortable chair by the bed so that I could get up for my meals.I always felt as if anything I needed or wanted was within the sound of my voice. Bottled water was offered to me each day as we stepped out for my Dr. visits.When it became necessary for me to extend my stay for additional days,they made sure that I was able to remain in the same suite at a reduced rate!
A limo is available if necessary. EVERYONE we came in contact with was kind,efficient and went over and above what was expected. Having traveled extensively I feel that Stanford Park is one of the most exceptional hotels in the world. Certainly the best for us at this time. As if recuperating at my own private country estate with a dedicated staff!.
Using TripAdvisor to review the hotels near Stanford Hospital was invaluable in choosing Stanford Park Hotel. Be aware that the hotel is in Menlo Park, although across from Stanford Shopping Center.
I hope to return soon to experience all the hotel has to offer. The decor is elegant,warm, tasteful and beautiful. The staff beyond compare.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Have been a guest at The Stanford Hotel since the early 1990's, and it continues to rank among the top of my business and personal hotels. It is my "first pick" whenever traveling to Silicon Valley ... my West Coast home away from home.

Location, service levels, cleanliness, value, and professionalism all remain top notch.

Looking forward to another 20+ years as a guest !

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed here while attending meetings at Stanford. Staff was helpful. Warm delicious cookies in the evening. Double king room was large and bed was comfortable.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed there with our son and his young family. The rooms were delightful, the staff was very helpful, the hotel itself is quite charming, and the pool was perfect. We had a wonderful time and I would definitely stay there again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!