“Beautiful Hotel, Great Amenities, Wonderful Location” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Menlo Park
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Menlo Park, California
“Beautiful Hotel, Great Amenities, Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My parents stayed here when they were visiting Menlo Park/Palo Alto. It's a beautiful hotel that serves delicious homemade cookies every evening in the lobby along with coffee and tea. Beautiful courtyard, pool area, and restaurant/bar. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Mill Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently had an early meeting in Menlo Park so I decided to pass on what can be a really hairy (and stressful) commute and stay at the SPH the night before. What a brilliant idea! Not only did I spend a relaxing evening, I got to my meeting the next day refreshed, relaxed and on top of my game. What a fabulous "home away from home!" The front desk welcomed me like they'd been waiting for my arrival. How nice is that??!! I decided to settle in there for the evening and have a casual dinner in the bar by myself. The bartender took EXCELLENT care of me, helping me pick a lovely glass of wine from a most impressive list of wines by the glass. I sat at the bar and ate there. The service was professional, attentive and friendly without being "overly friendly" if you know what I mean. I really dislike bartenders that try to perform or be your next best friend. There's something particularly nice about being treated like a guest and that is truly how all the staff at this hotel treats you. Another excellent experience. Can't wait for the next early meeting in Menlo Park to do it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oceanside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We held a company event at this property. The Lobby has a library like setting with a huge brick fireplace. The property has a very large courtyard area in the middle which is great for just sitting in the evening or for an event. This property is very close to the northeast corner of the Stanford campus. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating, but at our stay seemed to be a little short handed. We had a dinner for about 30 people and the food was excellent and banquet staff exceptional. We had a great time and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They are redoing the rooms while staying open. Make sure you know if this is a newly remodeled room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mr Gedlaw,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to your return when we can WOW you even more.

Patrick
Pescadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am lucky to say that we have stayed here at least once a year since my daughter was very small (she is 7 now), and we just love each time better than the last. We just stayed last weekend, and had the most fun ever as we stayed two nights, and could really spread out in the room and relax into our stay. The pool and large hot tub were wonderful and very peaceful. The staff is very accomodating and very friendly and truely nice people. We missed the cookie hour the 2nd night as we got down to the lobby at 10pm, and the nice front desk lady went and got my daughter a cookie from the restuarant. Menlo Grill, the restuarant that has won many awards, is really good and I always look forward to eating there when we stay. We had room service for breakfast (my daughters favorite thing to do!), and it was really tasty, and very fast. We really were treated like royalty. The Parlor room with two queens was more than spacious for our family of 3, and we really felt at home with all the great amenities the rooms offer (love the robes!). A very classy hotel, and we will look forward to coming back soon
Oh, and if you are here over the weekend and have kids, don't miss the Jr Museum and Zoo in Palo Alto. Such a cute place to visit and SO fun for the whole family

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Patrick_J_Lane, General Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Elaine,

I am so glad that you and your family return each year and that we have become part of your family’s memories. It is especially nice to hear the staff did what they do best, which is to welcome and delight our guests with exceptional service. The Menlo Grill has become such a nice amenity for our hotel guests to enjoy and I am glad that you were able to avail yourself of this pleasure. Thank you for your very nice comments. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Stanford Park Hotel.

Patrick
St. Helena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Stanford University campus, the Stanford Park Hotel is a respite from the strip-mall like El Camino Real, the north-south thoroughfare that links Silicon Valley communities. It practically shares a parking lot with a car dealership, although in this case it's a Tesla showroom. Once inside the hotel, a sense of calmness sets in. Ask for a room with a fireplace and you will get a Presto log that burns long into the night adding a soothing glow to your bedtime. The housemade chocolate chip cookies and choice of teas are a nice touch before retiring. Service is fine and the staff well trained to accommodate the many guests for weddings, business, and University functions. Enjoy the sounds of the train as it passes just steps from the hotel throughout the day. The hotel says it will upgrade parts of the hotel the first part of 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms with fireplaces and the other side of the train tracks.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PARADISE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at SPH. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL !!!!! The staff is GREAT - especially Colby & Elizabeth & Davis & Nicholas- very friendly & helpful. The room was very clean, bright, & quiet.... except for the train at times, but did not hear it at night! Bed was a dream!!!
Classy hotel!!! A little on the $$$$........ but close to Stanford hospital / & shopping mall. Rating- 9.5 out of 10.

Room Tip: Room 306 .... & 402
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Edwardstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lovely hotel with friendly professional staff. Particular thanks to Olivia on the front desk who was extremely welcoming and friendly. I was upgraded to a delightful room overlooking the pool. Unfortunately my stay was for just one night - preceded by a very depressing 4 nights at the Creekside Inn. When planning my trip to Stanford Uni the Stanford Park did not feature in the Palo Alto hotels tripadvisor listing which I suggest is remedied as it is closer to Stanford than many of the Palo Alto hotels. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stanford Park Hotel? Share your experiences!