“Great place to stay in Menlo Park/Palo Alto” 5 of 5 stars

Red Cottage Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1704 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Menlo Park
Traverse City
“Great place to stay in Menlo Park/Palo Alto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after reading reviews on Hotels.com and Tripadvisor. When you drive up it looks like a mom/pop hotel tucked into a busy street. It is a small hotel and the doors open into a courtyard. There is a small swimming pool tucked behind. I have stayed twice now and have been very happy with each stay. The rooms are very modern and cozy and very clean. The bathrooms are fairly large and clean as well. It is a very quiet hotel. There is a little outdoor sitting area outside of each room. The hotel lobby is small, but we never had a problem finding a place to sit in the morning. The desk staff aren't overly friendly but are very helpful when needed. I will stay here whenever I visit my daughter in Menlo Park. It is a great value and a very nice property!

Room Tip: I like the first floor facing the pool!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at the surprisingly affordable Red Cottage Inn while attending a private event in Atherton. On the outside it's just a regular motel, but the rooms are clean, well-furnished and obviously recently updated. Nothing super-fancy, but certainly everything I needed! Not only that...I left some clothes in the closet when I checked out. They immediately e-mailed me to let me know and offered to mail them to me. Within 5 days I had received the clothes and they never demanded or even asked me to cover the postage. I would return there any time I need to be near Stanford or Palo Alto!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the package of clothes we mailed arrived safely to you. We look forward in welcoming you back and celebrating events with you.
columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We found this location last minute and what a find. It was comfortable and very pleasing. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

When I first pulled into the parking lot I was thinking I had made a terrible mistake booking a room there. The girl at the front desk was efficient but not overly nice and the "lobby" wasn't anything special so I was still a bit leery as I was walking to my room. Once I got to my room I was very pleasantly surprised. It was decorated very nice, looked immaculate, and had a nice little fenced in patio. The bed was very comfortable and the it was also very quiet which is extremely important to me because I'm a light sleeper. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

In Aug, 2011, we stayed here for 5 nights while our son swam at Jr. Nationals at Stanford. So much better than a big hotel. Quiet. Grounds are beautiful. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Front desk staff was always cheerful. The room was clean but not huge. The bathroom was nice size; there was a very large refrigerator (which is great when trying to feed a hungry swimmer); and a nice little patio outside our sliding door. We didn't spend much time in our room, except to sleep, but it more than served our purpose. I would definitely stay at this place again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am a resident of Menlo Park and have used the Red Cottage for guests visiting the area and for business. The property is very well kept with nice garden areas and a very peaceful pool area. The rooms are extremely well done and the beds are very comfortable.

Customer service is top notch and each guest is well-looked after. In terms of price, I believe the price is proper based on the value provided. The Red Cottage is a little gem in Silicon Valley.

It is located on the border of Menlo Park and Atherton and very conveniently located near Stanford, Palo Alto, and Sand Hill Road.

I strongly recommend it and will use it again and again!

DG

Room Tip: Redwood Suite and rooms by the pool are really nice!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

When I booked the room, I wasn't quite sure what to expect as usually we stay a "name brand" properties. The Red Cottage went beyond our expectations. The rooms were very clean with wonderful amenities including in room refridge and microwave. Breakfast was the usual continental, but everything was replenished promptly. Staff was always pleasant and helpful Although we didn't use the pool, it also looked clean and well cared for. I would definately stay at this property again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!