“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Red Cottage Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1704 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Menlo Park
columbia
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We found this location last minute and what a find. It was comfortable and very pleasing. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

When I first pulled into the parking lot I was thinking I had made a terrible mistake booking a room there. The girl at the front desk was efficient but not overly nice and the "lobby" wasn't anything special so I was still a bit leery as I was walking to my room. Once I got to my room I was very pleasantly surprised. It was decorated very nice, looked immaculate, and had a nice little fenced in patio. The bed was very comfortable and the it was also very quiet which is extremely important to me because I'm a light sleeper. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

In Aug, 2011, we stayed here for 5 nights while our son swam at Jr. Nationals at Stanford. So much better than a big hotel. Quiet. Grounds are beautiful. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Front desk staff was always cheerful. The room was clean but not huge. The bathroom was nice size; there was a very large refrigerator (which is great when trying to feed a hungry swimmer); and a nice little patio outside our sliding door. We didn't spend much time in our room, except to sleep, but it more than served our purpose. I would definitely stay at this place again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am a resident of Menlo Park and have used the Red Cottage for guests visiting the area and for business. The property is very well kept with nice garden areas and a very peaceful pool area. The rooms are extremely well done and the beds are very comfortable.

Customer service is top notch and each guest is well-looked after. In terms of price, I believe the price is proper based on the value provided. The Red Cottage is a little gem in Silicon Valley.

It is located on the border of Menlo Park and Atherton and very conveniently located near Stanford, Palo Alto, and Sand Hill Road.

I strongly recommend it and will use it again and again!

DG

Room Tip: Redwood Suite and rooms by the pool are really nice!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

When I booked the room, I wasn't quite sure what to expect as usually we stay a "name brand" properties. The Red Cottage went beyond our expectations. The rooms were very clean with wonderful amenities including in room refridge and microwave. Breakfast was the usual continental, but everything was replenished promptly. Staff was always pleasant and helpful Although we didn't use the pool, it also looked clean and well cared for. I would definately stay at this property again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel is a small, clean, well maintained two-story hotel with cheerful, modern rooms. The beds were comfortable; the bathroom had a large tile shower; a mini fridge & microwave are included; and there is a nice and quiet outdoor pool area. The continental breakfast was simple but adequate and the staff was helpful and friendly. I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My son and I stayed here while he was attending a camp at Stanford. I was concerned that it would be too much like a motel, but I was very pleasantly surprised! The place was charming, the rooms were extremely clean, appliances looked like they were new, and we had a little fenced back patio that was private and comfortable. There was a nice selection of breakfast items that were complementary (yogurt, fruit, pastries, etc.), as well as cookies, hot chocolate, etc. throughout the day (a nice treat!). It was set far back from the street, so we never heard any noise (in fact, we never heard any neighboring guests either, even though the place was fully booked while we were there). And it was very conveniently located in what felt/looked like a very safe area. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!