“Make the drive” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Temecula, California
“Make the drive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

There are far more people in the Menifee area than 'sit-down' restaurants to accommodate them. Hence the popularity of this place. My adult daughter called for reservations. We arrived before they and were given an electronic device to summon us when a table for six was ready. Almost immediately it went off. I went back to the hostess area where I had received it to promptly be ignored. When I stated the thing had lite up & vibrated, I was told our table would be ready in a minute & was told to stand in a specific place - where a busboy told me to move because he had to put a child's high chair there. Let's just say that a guy in my station of life is unaccustomed to this kind of customer service. After an irritating couple of minutes, a very nice young lady (and most of the employees appear to be sub-21 females) guided us to our table. We had a number of these young ladies working our table, all very nice, but not well trained. We were brought rolls and butter, but no silverware. My son-in-law returned an inadequately washed plate but had to ask more than once for a replacement. Refills on drinks were slow. My wife, sitting at the edge of the booth, declined multiple offers of another Margarita. With our 13 yr. old granddaughter between us, I was not asked even once about a second beer. Our combo appetizer was small for the price. Pretty good though. My wife always orders ribeye. Hers less than average. "So-so." My pulled pork was good, but dry. Too many large chunks of fat, also. The BBQ sauce I requested was brought in an open, small disposable cup. The Bacteriologist in me wondered how long it had been sitting exposed to the open air. Lids aren't expensive. The amount was way insufficient for the very large portion of meat I had. When you're the only game in a town where people won't drive 15 miles for Lucille's, Outback, Stuart Anderson's, Famous Dave's or 171 other eateries in nearby Temecula, you can get away with ridiculously long waits and average food and still be rated so highly.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sun City, California
“Okay food and good prices but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If it weren't for the fact that I had heard really good things about this place I would not have been disappointed. First thing to know is that you can call up to two hours ahead for a table. Otherwise, there is a long wait, possibly. The service was really pretty good. My steak was pretty good but for a place that talks up their steaks I expected much more. I could have bought a comparable steak at Denny's for less money. The salad was good and the rolls are wonderful. Yes, it's noisy but not so loud that it's a problem. I might be back but not for a steak. It seemed like a fun birthday place. $70.00 for four people so reasonably priced.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
La Puente, California
“Great EatsTEXAS Style!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

First time found the one in Amarillo and it was amazing! Waiting soooo long for one to come to California and YEE HAW it's here!! Worth the drive if you are Not close. We are 60 miles from there and it is well worth the drive. This time we went for my birthday. Everybody there is having a good meal and a good time. Good western food and country music playing. They cranked up some sounds and the waitress' all started line-dancing. Best menu choice: ANY steak, the Rattlesnake Bites, the Chili and of course the Fall Off the Bone BBQ Ribs.....oooo wheee (and they do)! You MUST try this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Menifee, California
“COUNTRY JUNCTION IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I absolutely love this place@!!!We come here every Sunday with our Church Group
and they cater to the whole group without hesiattion.Waitress staff is very helpful,
friendly,attentive.
Owner comes by Table and is also very friendly.
He honors the Vets on Veterans Day and Takes up contributions for the over sea's
guys and women.Country atmosphere.They dance also-which is a blast!!!!
The food is none better,priced to fit any budget!!!!
Lot's of parking and easy to get in and out.
They also have Lunch specials.
Welcome change to Menifee!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moreno Valley, California
“Good food, bit of a wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food is very good, this was our second visit and the food was just as good as it was on our first visit! The prime rib was outstanding both times. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is very casual and family-friendly, though maybe a bit pricey. You're given peanuts in the shell to snack on while you wait...throw the shells on the floor while you wait in the lobby!!

If you go at a busy time expect a long wait! Best to call ahead an hour before you'd like to arrive and they'll tell you when to show up.

• Visited June 2013