“Wonderful experience at 955 Ukiah” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Californian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Wash DC
“Wonderful experience at 955 Ukiah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2005

We were in Mendocino area for the last weekend in August and had dinner at 955 Ukiah on a Sunday night. They were able to seat us with in a few minutes with out reservations. The food was fabulous (I had the Mahi Mahi and my boyfriend the Roast Chicken), we enjoyed a bottle of wine from a local vineyard and superb cheesecake for dessert.
The service was good and the dining room is intimate and inviting.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

We celebrated our 10th anniversary in Mendocino, and our favorite meal during our stay was at 955 Ukiah. We happened in on a Thursday evening without reservations, as we'd just arrived from a long drive from the San Jose airport. Our host (and also waiter) graciously seated us in the cozy intimate dining room. We were given wonderful service, and the food was fantastic. My hazelnut encrusted sea bass was outstanding, and I've never heard my husband rave about a piece of salmon like he did at Ukiah that evening. Both dishes were perfectly cooked and unbelievable fresh. The wine list was great (and very reasonable) with many local wines available. Our waiter ended the evening with a complimentary dessert with a candle on top in celebration of our anniversary. He then took an instant polaroid of us and gave it to us as a keepsake for our wonderful evening there.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2005

Despite some of the negative reviews, my husband and I ended up at this restaurant for dinner during our long weekend to the Mendocino coast. We had a fabulous dining experience. We were seated fairly quickly, even though we didn't have reservations. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with menu questions and suggestions. I had the delicious seafood special, panfried seabass, and my husband had the seafood linguine. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and our cheesecake for dessert. An excellent meal!

San Francisco
“Skip this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

My husband and I recently returned from a week-long trip along the Mendocino coast and had the worst meal of our trip at 955. The service was horrible and we felt as though we were intruding on the preoccupied staff just by our presence. The food was mediocre at best. I suspect this restaurant used to be better but those days are gone. There are many find restaurants in Mendocino. Don't waste your time on this one.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2005

This was our worst meal during our 10 days in CA. Even the water had a foul smell and taste! My fish was dried out and overcooked. It was served with plain macaroni and plain, tasteless vegetables. Service was slow. Skip this restaurant.