“DidjeriDON'T Nightmare Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

You added Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn to your Saves list
Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   44860 Main Street, P.O. Box 849, Mendocino, CA 95460 (Formerly Mendocino Village Inn)   |
Special Offer
Pets Stay Free!
Ranked #14 of 23 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“DidjeriDON'T Nightmare Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

From the photos we saw on the site we expected a nice room. Our carpet was filthy and stained. I wore sandals so as not to walk on it. There were layers and layers of cobwebs between the curtains and ceiling. The window frame had enormous spider webs with a large variety of dead bugs caught in them (SEE PICS).There was a lot of mold on the bathroom ceiling. The sheets were brown and questionable.The bathroom door was dirty and paint was peeled off. We wanted to tell an employee but no one was around.There seems to be a HUGE discrepancy in the quality of the rooms.Some are super nice and some horrible. We were in #67.You can't see the sea from the house nor can you whale watch from the porch as claimed on their web site. Unless whales fly in Mendocino, there's no way we can see them with a church in front.That is one of the reasons we booked there. I can't comment on the famous breakfast. I was too upset to eat and questioned the cleanliness of the kitchen judging by our room.When we got home I phoned Charles figuring he was unaware of the filth of the room. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but he said " I don't want to talk about this." and hung up on me. We paid this man to sleep in squalor. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hi. I am very sorry there were spider webs on the outside of the window sill in the room you stayed in (67), spider webs happen quickly and we try and keep them away. 67 does have our worst stained carpet but it is not dirty it is stained (there is a difference). 65 was our worst stained room but I just finished remodeling it including new preggo flooring. 67 is next. Having said that to you on the phone after you berated Me, My Girls and our Inn for 5 minutes I would have thought you would have mentioned it in you review. I did not tell you I did not want to talk about this or hang up on you. I basically told you what I just wrote. Sorry you missed our breakfast, your loss. Lighten up a little and maybe a stain in a carpet won't keep ruining your life's happiness.

Ps. Just got an email last night from a guy who complains almost like you and he stayed 8 months ago! Go smoke a joint people :)

@ Didjeridoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Inn needs a major major overhaul. The guests were noisy . The room was very run down but the linen was clean. The bed was uncomfortable. At least the lousy night's sleep was made up for by a delicious breakfast cooked by the very friendly and personable inn keeper. Rooms should be priced at less than half of what we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi!
Thanks for the nice bad review. I'm really glad you enjoyed the breakfast and sorry you slept bad. You are a Giant man and do not look like you would fit in a queen size bed, I bet you were uncomfortable. If you decide to stay here again I would suggest paying $185. and getting one of our Great rooms with a King Bed. You paid $135 and got our smallest room (the last one we rent) with a queen bed. Tiny Room and your a Giant Man.....
Silly Giant Man

Valle Crucis, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I loved everything about this place. The owners are friendly, helpful, wonderful people. The room was booked last-minute on a busy weekend yet still affordable. Clean and comfortable with all the privacy we needed, and near to everything the village has to offer. It is now the only place we'll stay in Mendocino.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sweet! Another very happy guest!

Loving-Kindness,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed an extra night than planned in Mendocino because we fell in love with the area and were happy we could get an additional night at the Didjeridoo Inn. We loved the inn. The staff was friendly and very accomodating. Charles, the owner, prepared what we felt to be wonderful breakfasts and he had a wealth of information about touring the area. Our room was clean and spacious (we loved the fireplace in the room as on the July nights that we stayed, it was quite chilly.) We also loved the history of the inn and the artwork that adorned the walls (that apparently regularly changes.) We also enjoyed sitting in the lovely front garden.
I can understand that the inn may not be for everyone and you should read may reviews before booking. There is a "shabby chic" feel to the inn that we love, but others may see as more shabby than chic. The breakfast area is not the typical room with tables and chairs. Instead, you eat in a sitting room while balancing plates on your lap. Again, no problem for us, but other may see this as an inconvenience. Breakfast is served at 9:10 a.m. (no earlier) and this may be too late for some.
I'm always amazed at the differences in opinions in reading reviews, but I guess if everyone thought alike, the world would be a boring place. We are not all that into b&b's in general and perhaps we loved this place so much because it is NOT a typical inn and truly has character.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi! We so agree that the Didj is not for everybody. But the people who love it love it. Thinks for Loving it!

Mendocino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed with my husband for a weekend for a Mendocino wedding, and we were impressed with the beautiful grounds, charming house, nice/clean rooms, delicious breakfast, and amazing location! We would definitely stay again, and would definitely recommend this place to a friend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank You for staying! We love the vibe created when wedding parties stay. Hope you enjoyed :)

Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

First, to Mr. Wayne R. You sir are an idiot. Go to a hotel where you can treat people like you sound. YOU are the "worst of the worst" . Anyway, the food was fabulous both days, and the chef tells you what he cooked with, so that there are NO problems with someone being allergic to anything. The room was Perfect, and my friend and I had a great time. The girls, Paula, and Nancy, are great people with great personalities. They were there for us the whole time we were there. My room was just like being at home .Yes, there needs to be repairs, but the guy is working hard to fix everything. I give this Inn a 10!!!!!!! I will see you guys soon, for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in room 73. The privacy from the front of the Inn was fabulous.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Aren't Paula & Nancy the best! Come Back soon and thanks for backing us up against the rude review guest guy!!!!!

Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My best friend, Charlie ( a 34-lb mix breed Cocker Spaniel) and I had the opportunity to stay at this wonderfully eccentric bed & breakfast on our way to relocating from the Pacific Northwest to the Mid-west in mid April of this year. If you don't care for the personal touch and want servants rather than staff happy to assure your stay with them is a pleasant experience, this is not the place for you. The Didjerdoo Inn is an experience, not just another cookie cutter staff hawking another cookie cutter room for the night and warm muffins in the morning. The weekend we stayed just happen to have been the weekend that once a month the Inn serves dinner for their guest as well as daily breakfasts. It was fantastic, a four star could not have offered more, with a delightfully engaging staff who's knowledge of the area and events the town has to offer allowed me to experience a weeks worth of vacation in a three day stay. Well beyond the clean room and scrumptious breakfast advertised. Very friendly and real.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room off the side to the rear of the inn, it was quiete, large and private, allowing...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Loved your dog :)
Thanks for staying,

@ Didjeridoo

Been to Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn? Share your experiences!