This place was like stumbling through a chapter of a Jack Kerouac book. The place has incredible character, built in 1881 and once owned by Emmy Lou Packard, the rooms whisper tales of old. I unpacked my old suitcase and began my trip. I walked around the charming historical town and then the headlands and the beach. When I returned I was greeted by Charles who was completely and cosmically on my level without the help of my suitcase. He fit the bill on my expectations for the inn keeper of this historic mansion. I was convinced he was a mind reader as he poured me a glass of wine and motioned for me to join him on the porch for nightly ritual. We partook and smiled. Talked about life, past and future. I went to bed with the magical moonlight caressing my face. I woke up to the delicious aroma of food. When I came down stairs there was a feast arranged at a lovely table. The coffee was hot and strong. And Charles cooked the breakfast himself! It was amazing. The French toast was out of this world and the local farm fresh eggs with wild crafted mushrooms couldn't be beat. I was told an Aborigine girl taught Charles how to play the Didjeridoo on one of his journeys thus the inspiration for the naming of the place. He also played the Didjeridoo for us and mesmerized us all with it's enchanting vibrations. What a guy! What a place! What a trip! I extended my stay for a whole week and stayed in three different rooms, all wonderful. I will return to this little gem. Thank you Charles and Didjeridoo! I couldn't have pocked a better place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Food, Art, Music and Vibes await you at Didjeridoo. Set just across the road from the ocean bluffs and the oldest Presbyterian church in California our spot in the village is cool. Walk to great eateries and all the local shops or relax and meditate in our beautiful gardens and historic lobby. See local art displayed in our relaxed lobby, break bread with us at our open pot-lucks & drink wine with us :) If you play bring your instruments, music happens here. Didjeridoo is perfect for weddings, reunions, small private parties and any other happenings that need to be in a place of love and beauty. Our rooms are great too! They range from quaint to fancy, some Victorian some simple and zen, all beautiful. We are Mendo people and want your visit to our village to be special and cherished. Peace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn And Meditation Center
- Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn & Meditation Hotel Mendocino