“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

Save Saved
You added Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn to your Saves list
Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   44860 Main Street, P.O. Box 849, Mendocino, CA 95460 (Formerly Mendocino Village Inn)   |
Special Offer
Pets Stay Free!
Ranked #15 of 24 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Bled
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Unfortunately we stayed only one night in this cute and cosy B&B in Mendocino downtown. The first impression of the house was great; beautiful garden with all kinds of fragrant flowers welcomed us on that rather cold and misty day when we arrived on our motorbike. We always like to stay at places with a nice atmosphere and Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn has it for sure. The house is nicely decorated with a big lounge where you can relax and have a cup of coffee or tea. The owner was super friendly too and he even upgraded us to a room with a fireplace because we were cold sitting on a bike for the whole day. So huge thanks again for this. It meant a lot to us. We hope to come again sometime for a longer time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thanks! You really seemed cold and what a great use for a fireplace.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a really great experience here. It was on the cheaper side so we could actually stay in downtown Mendocino! Our room was quaint + cute- if you're looking for a 5 star resort this isn't the place. The room keys are actually keys! It's more about hospitality and coziness here, which is what we were looking for. Our bed was really comfortable and we could see a very old church from our bedroom; I fell asleep looking at it that night. Very peaceful. I really liked the pictures around the room- you could tell the owners picked everything out over the years. The people who worked here were super nice- we booked from expedia and didn't experience any problems. The breakfast smelled wonderful but unfortunately I was too lazy to get up to take part! I would definitely come back again. It's a great deal for the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I Luv that old church!

Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I spent our anniversary at this Mendocino Inn in July. We stayed in room 60, we originally booked an ocean view room, but were switchd to the downstairs room because we were getting massages. It would have been nice to have the ocean view room, but the room we got in exchange was very large, beautifully made up, and had a mini fridge, claw foot tub and fireplace. There is firewood in the hallway and they will set up the fire for you if you need it. The TV in the rooms is a small tube tv/dvd combo. We do like to just sit around and watch a movie or two while we are on vacation. I hope they update the TV's in the future.

The hotel itself has very nice gardens an public areas. We were hesitant to book a place that had both dreamtime and meditation in the name, since we are not dreamy or meditate. If you are afraid of a weird pushy hippie experience, don't worry. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, as mentioned before it is served at 9am so if you have to leave earlier you'll miss it. The coffee/tea maker is in the dining/sitting area. Coffee was on from about 7am - 8pm while we were there. If you want tea you just push a button for hot water, add water if it's out. You can have a variety of teas whenever.

The owners/staff at the Didjeridoo are very friendly and ready to give you directions or recommendations. While I was there, some very rude guests came in making unreasonable demands, the staff tried to satisfy them, but these cranky people were just going to be upset no matter what. This was our first time at a B&B and we were not sure what to expect, but we knew there would be fewer ammenities and we would interact with the owners/staff differently. I enjoyed my stay very much. If you are unsure what to expect, our stay was pretty similar to being guests at a gracious and well prepared host's home. I would love to return to the Didjeridoo for the great service, food, cozy atmosphere, and exceptional value.

Room Tip: Room 60 is very big, if you like to have extra space.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing! I think my hippie level must have been low that day or you wouldn't have put that in :)

and
Make Love not War :)

Los Osos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our long weekend in Mendocino began with the perfect coastal drizzly weather as we drove along Highway 128, which some of the locals call the land of Elves and Fairies. All of this was the ideal lead into our arrival at the Didgeridoo Dreamtime Inn and Meditation Center. The old world charm of this Victorian era Inn ‘had me at hello’, as the saying goes. I hadn’t even gotten to see the gardens and I was already in love.
Once we got parked and went inside, the warm family like greeting we received from Mary and Charles confirmed that we had found the right palace for us. But the pleasures had only begun. Our room was on the second floor in the peak of the front window, giving us a beautiful view of the Old Church across the street and many glimpses of the beautiful Mendocino coast line at the mouth of Big River. Just watching the fog roll by was a magical experience.
The real treat came the next morning when we were treated to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in my live. I may never be able to figure out what Charles does to eggs, but I would take the 9 hour drive just for another plate of them. I also have to mention the pecan crusted sausage and back that was served with the eggs and the French toast that was to die for. The best part was I still had two more days to enjoy this sort of amazing breakfast foods.
The other guests were interesting people from many varied locals including one couple who were from my own home town! The rooms are well appointed in period and carry the warm family charm the Didgeridoo Dreamtime Inn embraces so well. If you want sparkly corporate fiberglass and plastic, this isn’t your place. If you want to feel welcomed and like you are really on vacation in a California coastal beach community, with an edge of a bygone time, you, like I have found your place.

Room Tip: Go for the view from the front second floor if available
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nice review, and we really do try and keep that "sparkly corporate fiberglass and plastic" feeling down to a minimum.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We loved this place. All the rooms have private bathrooms, which is great for a B&B. They had awesome soap from what I think was a local soap maker. The breakfast was amazing: all organic french toast, pancakes, eggs, sausage, yogurt, coffee, etc. We met people from all over the place at breakfast. There was coffee and tea available all the time in the lobby, and a bottle of wine left out when we came home from dinner. It's also a quick walk to the beach/downtown area, and you could see the ocean from our room. I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks, I love cooking breakfast and a year into it I think I'm getting it down.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I booked the Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn following many of the excellent comments on Trip Advisor, and it proved to be just what we expected. The home from home atmosphere was just what we wanted, and being able to sit in the garden enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and the view was totally to our liking.
The whole breakfast experience was most enjoyable. Charles' excellent food, together with good conversation with people from oll over North America made it great fun.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the water was hot - what more can you want?
Would love to return next time we visit our son and daughter in law in Silicon Valley.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Yay! Thanks!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Charles the innkeeper was working in the garden when I arrived in Mendocino from a long leg of a beautiful journey down the remote "lost coast" of northern California. A very pleasant young woman greeted me as I approached the front door and checked me in. The room itself was tastefully decorated, bright and cozy. Immediately I felt comfortable and knew I'd selected the right place online for a restful overnight stay.
Charles & Mary were both friendly and very interesting to talk to. They were clearly following their own dreams and made sure the house was well maintained and kept up in such a way as to allow my own dreams to unfold in their relaxed environment.
Homemade breakfast the next morning was delicious and far exceeded my expectations.
To my surprise I got to meet 10 or so other guests at breakfast who were also staying at the house. Folks were traveling from all over the world and I had no idea they were there till the next morning since the place was so quiet overnight. Pretty cool! I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends and I hope to return again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Glad you enjoyed! This place does have a great vibe and Mendocino is Great.

@ Didjeridoo

Been to Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn? Share your experiences!