“Eclectic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn

You added Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn to your Saves list
Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   44860 Main Street, P.O. Box 849, Mendocino, CA 95460 (Formerly Mendocino Village Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
Abalone PotLuck Diner!
Ranked #14 of 23 Mendocino B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Eclectic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Not really sure how I felt about the Inn. Room 66 had interesting Arts and Crafts style furniture, but too much of it. The room was light and airy with 2 large windows and a sea view.The tv remote did not work with the tv in that room and the shower/ toilet room was the smallest I,ve ever been in. The intermittent water pipe noise, was very disturbing at night. Unfortunately no one I could speak to before we left.. A room to avoid. Until it is fixed. Breakfast, which was not served until 9.15, was okay but not spectacular. The guests were all in a rush to get on with their day,so it was rather chaotic.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Hi!
Eclectic is Who We Are! Sorry if you didn't like some of 66, lot's of people love that room. The art is done by Byron Randall who was the artist of the year or something in 1938, his wife was Emy Lou Packard (Diego Rivera's assistant at the 1940 Worlds Fair in S.F. and an incredible artist). They owned the house from 1960 till 1972 and it was filled with Bohemians, Hippies and artist. Lots of art and energy of artist in this house. We have tried to hear the pipe noise you wrote about but it's gone, maybe it was a fluke?? And yes the bathroom is kinda small but we have bigger ones in our bigger rooms with tubs and stuff. I don't know what i made the day you were here but if you just like dinner for breakfast type breakfast you wont get that here. I cook what I call Decadent Wholesome.....

Loving-Kindness to you
and sorry bout that darn TV remote, it needed Batteries!

@ Didjeridoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had a great time staying at this wonderful inn. The abalone dinner on Sunday was fantastic as well as the 2 great breakfasts. Have never had bacon like that before. Yummy! Charles and Mary, the owners, were so friendly and nice and our room (#65) was great. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again next time we are going that way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Awwwwww!!! Thank you!

Sebastopol, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

What a great stay! Our room (72, the "three trees" room) was gorgeous, the bed was soft and comfortable, and the bathroom approached luxurious. The owners and staff were so friendly and personable, always ready to chat and offer assistance and advice on local attractions. Breakfasts were to die for, everyone went back for seconds and asked for the recipes! I'm usually very nervous about meeting new people, but something about the atmosphere at breakfast made meeting the other guests a treat. Easy access to the beach and village, and a great, relaxing spa right next door! I will definitely be going back the next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
:) 72 is my favorite room. I bought the Three Trees pictures @ the thrift store in Mammoth Lakes, CA (one of the most beautiful Villages in California) about 12 years ago and always had them hanging in our livingroom. I love art and being able to share it with people Via this house is special.

Thanks for staying

Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

If you are looking for a home away from home with a "mi casa es su casa" vibe look no further! I loved the Didjeridoo! My room had a real working fire place that was set up for me each night, a bay window with chairs and a table for reading or working, a very comfortable bed, and a large claw foot tub/shower (I had my own bathroom in my room...I think every room has its own bathroom)! The house is clean and comfy with thought provoking art and books. It has an ideal location on Main st. so you can walk to all of the cool shops, art galleries, eateries, etc. in the town of Mendocino as well as the shoreline cliffs. The couple that owns the place is friendly and accommodating and Eileen was an excellent hostess and cook! She was always around making sure there was hot tea and coffee available (there was also some delicious kumbucha which I got kind of hooked on) and she was also a good source of information regarding the local shops and eateries. Breakfast (cooked fresh with local goodies) was made by Eileen and served family style in the main area. I loved this idea and it allowed me the opportunity to get to know other travelers who were also staying there. Eileen was very accommodating when she found out I was lactose intolerant and even made sure that the next morning's breakfast was better suited to my dietary needs (which she did without me asking, how sweet!) She made some amazing huevos rancheros, toppings on the side, a quinoa salad and fresh fruit! Yummy :) I would highly recommend the didjeridoo and I hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs or the one with the outside entrance are probably quieter than the rooms down stairs...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank You! Our location is cool! I only get in my car when I'm going to Fort Bragg or the city (SF). We miss Eileen and all the great food she cooked while here. Thanks for the great review :)

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This isn't the fanciest B&B in the Mendocino area, but it has plenty of good points. The owners are lovely folks and very kind and accomodating. They are helpful without "hovering" over you. You can have as much or as little company with the owners or other guests as you like. I have heard nothing but great things about their breakfasts, but unfortunately I was unable to partake this time (and I do hope to go back often)! The house and grounds need a little TLC, but that is a process, and I know that everytime I go back there will be more improvements- running an Inn on large grounds and an old house isn't something that gets to 5 Diamond status overnight. I was very comfortable in the room- yes, you can hear a bit on the groundfloor next to the dinning/social areas, but that is part of the charm of renting a room in someone's home that is over 100 years old, and the guests are considerate not to make a lot of noise. They are dog friendly, and have a great location- across the street from the beach access and a gorgeous historical spired church. If you are going to be enjoying hiking around the beach and bluffs or walking around Mendocino, the location of Didjeridoo is the best. I was not able to inquire about any meditation facilities on this trip, but will the next time. I would have loved to have been able to stay longer. The fireplaces are already made up so that all a guest needs to do is light a match. The sound of the surf is the best lullabye nature has, and you can hear it in the Inn. Bed was very comfortable, room was clean. Has a small Northern California town vibe to it which is certainly appropriate for Mendocino. Prices were very good. If you want luxury without the home-feel and are a little starched in the collar, one can go up the road and pay more than $200.00 more per night. I hope to come back to Didjeridoo!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your kind review! Didjeridoo takes alot of upkeep and repair and sure keeps me hopping! Hope to see you back!

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I picked this place as a one night stop over for a business trip for myself and a colleague. We were in Mendocino to see a prospective client and just needed a crash pad for the evening.

Having read the reviews on here and found a good price for two rooms, I figured this would expand our experience of northern California and its culture. And it definitely does that.

I believe it was Eileen that greeted us when we arrived late afternoon - she looked at us, smiled and the very first thing she said was "You have no idea how confused I am right now". That made me smile inside and set the tone for the rest of the stay. She gave us a choice of fantastic rooms (including spa baths, log fire etc) and left us to enjoy.

We met with Charles later in the evening and he met my expectations perfectly - the perfect host for such a laid back and cosy B&B.

Sadly we missed breakfast due to an early start and Charles was clearly disappointed - this is a guy who loves to share everything.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hi! That sounds like Eileen.... Sadly shes left the Inn for a cross country journey of self exploration. Shes a beautiful person and we hope to see her back at Didjeridoo soon. Some of our guest become like family and then we really miss them :( But on the good side we have lots of new family all over the world :)

Thanks for choosing us and next time you travel all the way from the UK, HAVE SOME BREAKFAST!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband and I got married on August 20, 2011 (this review is a little late!) on the bluffs across from the Didjeridoo. We were looking for a quaint place to stay for our wedding night, and booked this online. When we arrived, I was wearing a tiara-type hair accessory, and had full on hair and makeup, so they figured out that we had just gotten married. The wonderful staff gave us a tour of the entire house, and let us choose whatever room we wanted (that wasn't occupied, of course) for no additional cost! We chose the one with the hot tub inside the room - the first room on the right as you come in the front door. The tub was so relaxing - even though it was August, it was quite cold by the late afternoon. The room was huge and had a very comfortable bed and very quaint decor. We definitely plan on staying at the Didjeridoo again - probably as an anniversary trip! I cannot thank the staff enough for the wonderful upgrade and service we received.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Didj-Inn, Owner at Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Our house and village love weddings, the energy they bring is special. Thank you for that!

in our village

Been to Didjeridoo Dreamtime Inn? Share your experiences!