Needing a getaway, we went to the Mendocino Farmhouse. Flowers are abundant, dogs and cat treat you like family, and Margie, the proprietor, is friendly and serves great breakfasts. The house is 30 years old and has an old world home feel with its antique furniture and hardwood floors in the main house and rooms.
For the price, however, a few things bothered us:
1) Sheets are not changed for additional night(s)
2) Dust ruffle on bed- filthy on the bottom
3) Carpet on the stairs old and dirty
4) Coffee is as good as sanka (in room)
5) Cream for the coffee was not replenished
6) No bubble bath soaps (a must for a romantic B&B!)
As a result, we'd rather pay more and stay elsewhere...
- Also Known As:
- Mendocino Farmhouse Hotel Mendocino